Electrical & Lights Removing aftermarket HIDs

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by sawf1, Friday 16th Oct, 2015.

1. sawf1 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom James Poole
    Hi guys,

I'm looking for some guidance on how to remove an aftermarket HID kit from my main beam headlight. It was on my car when I purchased it and I want to revert it back to the stock halogens.

Reasons being:

A) That they take a loooong time to warm up which personally I don't think is suitable for main beam headlights and

B) I'm fairly certain they are a cheap ebay knock off of a Hella kit as when I put the part number into google to see if there is a wiring diagram it comes up with a Philips kit and Hella do not list that part number.

I am also a little concerned as they appear to have spliced into one of the wiring harnesses instead of the usual plug and play methods that aftermarket HIDs are normally installed by,
    I've looked on Lings and it appears the only part I need is number 6 on the screen print from Lings (and the bulb obviously). What I don't know however is how to connect the halogen bulb socket to what I've got on my car.

Could someone who has the stock setup let me know how theirs attach to the bulb socket?

I'll attach some pictures to help.

Cheers guys.

B__0800. IMG_20151016_102912. IMG_20151016_102927. IMG_20151016_102943. IMG_20151016_103012. IMG_20151016_102900.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Who ever done that install has made a pigs ears of it !!try remove the cables into the stock holder to see if the holder is not damaged. Then unplug the HID bulb rharness then remove the ballast.

Good luck.

3. sawf1 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Pigs ear sounds about right :Smile: I don't have the stock holder at the moment as the wiring goes straight into the HID bulb as you can just about see in the top photo (red and black wires).

I will get a stock holder, but just to check are the black and the white wires that you can see in the top photo the ones that go into the stock holder?

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

We could do with some photos from another 7th Generation that hasn't been butchered to see what it should be like.

:SOS: Can someone with a 7th Generation still on original halogens help please? :SOS:

sawf1 likes this.
  5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Mines OEM HIDs sorry.

6. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Malaysia mustnap Kuala Lumpur
    What pictures do you need? I have 2 sets of headlights, one on the car - a stick OEM HID (i bought from a scrapped CM2 imported from Japan), the other one is a stock normal headlight from honda, which is sat in my storage room. I can take some pictures of the back and bottom of the headlight, but i am not sure that is what you need.

7. sawf1 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks buddy but I need a picture of where the wiring comes from that goes into the stock bulb holder when it is on the car.

8. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

so you need to see the wiring inside the headlight or from the engine bay to the headlight? i took some pictures of the wires in the engine bay to the headlight. If you need the former, i will have to get my spare headlight and open it up to take pictures of the inside (have never opened it up before this)

9. sawf1 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It's the wiring from the engine bay to the headlight I'm after. :Smile:

10. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Here is the album

Here are the individual pictures , not sure if it will help your issue or not.

XGitw08.

LF1zpGC.

rs0Yzpi.

BH15ilU.

PZcWqJH.

Nels and SpeedyGee like this.
  11. Nels Moderator Staff Team

12. sawf1 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆