Feedback/Help Removing garage vehicles

Discussion in 'Feedback, Help & Suggestions' started by ArcticFire-Account Closed, Monday 29th Jun, 2015.

1. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I think this may have been asked before but how do I remove an entire vehicle entry? No longer have the Accord :Frown:

2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Members can't remove vehicles mate, just mark it as previously owned, it will disappear from your main signature and will only show as a single line as previously owned

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    What happened Graham?

4. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Im going to say he bought a BMW

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

His folks had the car mate.

6. Any news on my little issue with the garage signature?

7. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Can you delete images as well?

I've just added some of the Jazz and would like to delete the old ones without the recent additions.

8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Sorted mate.

Only @Staff can do it as it stands, just message one of us with what wants removing.

9. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Sold the Accord, not for very much but someone is going to get a very mechanically good car with a few scratches on the body. CR-V now with parents but finally in perfect working order.

10. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've sent you a message DD

11. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I notice a trend forming here :Laughing:

12. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Lol hopefully not actually because otherwise it would mean they will scratch hell out of the CR-V soon!

13. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

:Laughing: So when's the grand reveal of your new Bavarian Wagon? :Whistle:

14. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Difficult to have a grand revealing of one of the most common brands lol

Has good and bad points,obviously performance and handling are excellent although not good on bumps at all, especially compared to the CR-V and Accord. Switch gear feels, well petite lol seems good enough quality but doesn't have that man feel of sturdiness that my Honda's had. Quiet for a diesel but then it is brand new.

If Honda did such power with similar low emissions then I'd snap it up. Total bugger to keep clean.

DSC_0180.JPG

Oh forgot to say I do like how it reads my phone book. The CR-V was a pain having to program in numbers and then recognise my accent haha

I would point out though that I'd never buy one of these, definitely not worth £38K and I wouldn't be comfortable having one in the knowledge that it's to last more than three years because I can already imagine any repair work will be seriously expensive. The whole engine bay screams "go away" to the owner.

Already installed my dash cam, well a new one. I've left the mini 0801 hard wired in the CR-V so I can review my dad's bad driving when the first scrapes appear! Bought a mini 0805, seems far more reliable with the recording (no I/O error) and is a much tighter fit in the base unit. However, I'm not very happy with the quality and I think the data rate has been reduced (seems to be around 10Mbps for 1080p and 14Mbps+ for 1296p whereas the mini 0801 was giving me over 16Mbps. I have noticed almost a grainy feel to the video, kind of like a dithering effect - perhaps it's to try and keep the quality as good as possible whilst using a lower data rate.

Been tempted to download a firmware tool which allows you to alter the data rate but a lot of people have bricked their dash cams so I'm not taking the risk. I've found the best quality to be the 720p but what's really good is that you can select 60fps which really does make a difference and the motion is very smooth. It's more appeasing to me than a high resolution without any more significant increase in actual legible detail with a tiny bit of choppiness.

As for installing the camera in this car, well the damn fuse box is in the boot (not protected against water ingress btw so if you have something leaking in your shopping it could work its way under into the exposed fuse box. VERY BAD DESIGN!!!! So I thought this would be a bugger as I'd have to route cables all the way from the back to the front windscreen, but then I thought that it's actually going to make life easier because access is very easy as it's all right there flat and in front of you, plus there's little secret compartments where you can put the power magic pro box etc. For the sake of running a little cable down the trim it could actually work out better perhaps.

But then I discovered a spare 12V cigarette lighter socket directly underneath the glove box (facing down out of sight) on the central console side. One thing led to another and after removing two bolts with a 10mm socket and removing a single piece of trim I could route the cable easily under the glove box area and then tuck it behind the door seal and A-Pillar and then tuck it behind the roof trim. Took about 10 mins all in and all very neat and tidy.

The only down side is that it only powers up when the car is on but you do get an extra 10 mins after you leave the car and in my own experience I've hardly ever had to use footage from when it was parked. It was really for protecting me against someone reversing into me at lights etc.

It also means I'm not tampering with the car although the hardwiring I do is completely non evasive but you know what they can be like, especially if they don't understand the setup.

So, other dislikes:

• The boot requires a heavier then I like to slam to close. I prefer to almost drop-click a boot shut like the CR-V and Accord.
    • The dash dials colour scheme is pretty much one colour and a little boring. Honda ones are much better.
    • The internal door handles are positioned such that it's quite tricky to open the door with any real control so a gust of wind could easily swing it out into another car.
    • This is one that really annoys me but you can't take the damn headrests off the rear seats because of the roof and the front seats you would have to recline the seat back.
    • It's also ridiculous how little standard kit you get for a top of the range version in this model compared to Honda.
    • The brakes clunk quite obviously on first press when reversing.
    • The steering wheel can either hide the digital info bit at the bottom of the instrument panel or it will hide the top part of the speedo - not good on a car that hits 100mph so quickly.
    • Headlights are a bit crap. I wanted the upgraded ones but non available.
    • Did I say it was a bugger to keep clean?

Some more likes:

• The windscreen washer sprays a decent amount on before the wipers start. The CR-V didn't really have a delay and not the best coverage so it would be dragging grit at first.
    • Seats are quite comfortable but not in the same class as the Accord and CR-V.
    • The economy is actually surprising good considering the engine and weight of it.

Anyway, I'll let you know when something goes wrong lol

Last edited: Tuesday 30th Jun, 2015
    SpeedyGee likes this.
  15. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I think that's probably the most fair and unbiased BMW review I've read. I like some of the little German gimmicks, like little prompt sounds, lights fading in and out, the washer delay thing you pointed out - they're good at tidbits to lure you into the false perception that there's some engineering genius tucked away, I think the thing they've thought through best is how long components last after warranty :Laughing: BMWs and Audis are both horrendous for user serviceability too.

I still maintain what Honda needs right now is a large high performance diesel, 200hp+, a new saloon and a new coupe.

16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    High power diesel and Honda :taunt::gotcha: that will be the day:focus:

17. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    The legend could really have done with a diesel but I think the diesel ship in general is preparing to sail as hybrids are becoming more developed but a few years to go yet me thinks.

If Honda could bring out a new Accord which is a petrol plug in hybrid with a reasonable range on battery power alone and do it soon then I think they'd take a huge chunk out of the Bavarian market but with both BMW and Mercedes having such on the horizon and due to be released in the next 6-8 months plus offering pretty stonking performance for a plug in then Honda really need to start shifting and get their quality out there first!

18. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Few more dislikes....

The ac system doesn't have a dedicated off button, instead you have to turn the fans all the way down to the off point. Small but annoying feature.

The ac system is also fully independent, sounds good but annoying if only you in the car and have to adjue both sides independently each time. The Honda was much better being fully controlled by the drivers side with an auto dual mode if the passenger started adjusting.

That damn boot again, I don't like slamming things but it's a 50/50 chance of not closing unless you do. I think it's just the design in that the boot will pop open but this means there's no weight when closing.

A few likes....

The 8 speed auto box is very slick and the electric shifter is very easy and quick to use although I can imagine it being a financial nightmare if it goes wrong outside of warranty.

Traction is pretty much amazing with zero wheel spin even at full launch from available standstill.

Last edited: Wednesday 1st Jul, 2015