Electrical & Lights Replacement battery

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Sherbet66, Wednesday 10th Sep, 2014.

1. Sherbet66 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Accord Tourer 2005 Petrol 2.0 auto. My original Honda battery is on its way out. I'd like a more powerful Bosch or equivalent replacement and I've seen a few posts regarding the limited space for after market batteries but I'm not too sure what higher power models might/might not fit. Halfords indicate Yuasa HSB075 but I find Halfords a bit expensive and they can be easily beaten price-wise online, can anyone advise?

2. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Stuart Lancashire
    Phone Holdcroft, you'll get the proper battery cheaper than the likes of Halfords.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  4. Sherbet66 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Anything similar size to the Bosch S5 that DeviateDefiant has fitted would work but you want to ensure the terminals are correct way round.

Might still be worth asking HH for a bigger capacity alternative.

6. Sherbet66 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Great stuff, thanks.

7. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    When I changed my battery 4 years ago, I got a Varta. Bosch is a Varta rebadged, german company. Varta has been making batteries over 100 years now and used to provide the batteries which powered subs etc in the first and second world war (I found that interesting). I got a high powered aH one, I think mine is 77 aH. It was cheaper than an S5 Bosch (which is a subsidary of Varta), same battery, and it has been an absolute gem. Loads of power, and starts the car within a second regardless of the weather. The aH is what you need to crank the car over on cold mornings, the higher the better.

Found my receipt, I got mine from this company

Car Battery - Car Batteries - Motorcycle Batteries - Leisure Batteries - Cheap Prices!

In fact, this is the battery I have.

E44 Varta Silver Car Battery 77Ah (577400078) - Car Batteries - Varta Car Batteries

8. Sherbet66 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

In the end I decided to go for Honda original OEM battery, more to do with the limited space provided and having to try and squeeze a larger capacity batter into this space, not being able to secure it in place etc. I gave Holdcroft Honda a call and they came up trumps, excellent price and free delivery.

Ichiban likes this.
  9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I am looking at the Honda Jazz hybrid battery it's the start and stop ( idle stop ) battery which is the same size as the standard Honda bettery but higher rate IIRC 45amps.

10. Denso23 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Denso23 London
    Hi Ichihban, as with everything from Japan, it's is better quality than Europe.

Would you say battery from hybrid Jazz would work in the 8th Generation 2.4. Or would it be better to use stock replacement.

11. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I got one from HH a couple of weeks ago for mine, cost me £44.39 delivered.

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yes Japanaese compoeenets are way ahead of Europe when it comes to Honda supply chain. All the company's you have stated are Honda owned subsidiaries so they work on the same principle as Honda.

No mate the Jazz hybrid battery battery terminal are small so you may get fitment issues. I would get the Accord battery.