General Replacement engine required

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jimbo, Wednesday 22nd May, 2013.

1. Jimbo New Member Getting Started

Hi all, can anyone help me out here? I need a replacement engine for my 2005 2.0 i-VTEC tourer. There are loads out there, but finding someone you can trust for a replacement or reconditioned engine is tough if you don't know where to start......:Blink:

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hi Jimbo, there should be some people offering some warranty on engines they supply, like 30 day warranty. This should be long enough a period for the engine to exhibit any issues, if it has any.

Out of curiosity what happened to your last engine ?

- - - Updated - - -

Like this for example

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Speak to performance tek they are based Glasgow, Gerry is pretty good in tracking down engines and refitting them.

Jimbo likes this.
  4. Jimbo New Member Getting Started

Honda tell me engine is goosed due to faulty VVT solenoid and upper engine oil starvation, whatever that means.
    I've looked at that engine on ebay, and it looks like a good deal, but if there is a problem with it, it's the hassle of removing the engine and re-shipping back to them, and the warranty doesn't cover the cost of removing the engine and re-shipping. Maybe I have to show a little faith.... Thanks SpeedyGee.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks mate, I'll give them a call.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    WRONG WRONG

it can be fixed.. have a look at this http://hondakarma.com/threads/5147/

Jimbo tell me from that start what's happened to your car from the date everything was fine.and lets see we can fix this . if the VTC solenoid is jammed it is completely fixable.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Are you getting an oil warning light come on Jimbo ?

If your aren't then I'm with Ichiban .. can't see it being a problem that can't be fixed.

Can you give us a run down of all your sypmtoms. We have some very knowledgable people here on AOC, together we maybe able to save from doing an unnecessary engine swap out.

7. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Correct Jimbo, don't assume immediatly you have to swap a Honda engine.
    A faulty VTEC valve can't let your engine head starve from oil. It's open or closed, but in both cases it does not influence lubrication to the engine head.
    SpeedyGee asks the correct question: did you get oil pressure warning light?