ICE & HFT Replacement head unit advice

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Mike-S, Sunday 13th Dec, 2015.

1. Mike-S Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Belfast
    Just picked up a '03 Toruer the other night and I'm looking to replace the current factory headunit

Ideally I'd like built in Sat Nav, Bluetooth calling and DAB

From my initial research, it looks like my options are limited

Stumbled across this on eBay, and wondered if anyone had fitted/used one?

2. Kris81 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I've seen them, they look spot on, but I've heard they are slow and laggy.
    Although I have not used one myself.
  3. Mike-S Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

That was my fear - on paper they look great and tick most of the reality though, are they a bit, well, um crap!
  4. Kris81 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

That's what I heard but I don't know if they were speaking from experience.
  5. Mike-S Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

6. Kris81 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Seen them before, ugly as sin if u ask me.
    If I didn't have the nav unit I would go for a single din unit in the bottom pocket, that way it's neat out the way and u can do all those things u wanted, the surround is made by the same company, Metra I believe.
  7. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    this is what I have heard also.. not tried one myself but know people that have.. results have all came back less than impressed.
  8. Mike-S Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I totally agree - don't like the look of them either and I've seen those lower surrounds also, but don't really want to put it there - not really ideal and am finding the cubbyhole handy already!
    - - - Updated - - -
    Not looking good for that option then
  9. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Malaysia mustnap Kuala Lumpur
  10. Pilot Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Daniel London
    If you read enough info in this forum and anywhere online, you'll realize that while the unit makes your interior seem more alive, at the same time people are having issues with its AC controls, it's slow and can be unresponsive and wrong temps...which trust me will annoy you especially in hot/cold temps...I guess you'd be fine it the temps were average, but I wouldn't risk it just because of that.