General Replacement key

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Chrispike, Tuesday 12th Aug, 2014.

1. Chrispike Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Right, i've only got one key for my new Accord, clearly this isn't acceptable.

I've been looking online and the advice is quite conflicting, some saying I can buy a 2nd hand fob off ebay and get Honda to reprogram it (EG NEW 3 BUTTON REMOTE KEY FOB, for HONDA CR-V, ACCORD + BLADE+CHIP | eBay

Others saying you can't buy something like that and you HAVE to get the fob+key from Honda for £££££

Now, I also read something about a card which is needed to program keys, does this apply to a 2007 Accord or have I read something about another model.

Car is booked in for a service at Honda next Monday, so can get the ball rolling then, but I always like to go in knowing what i'm talking about! Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    All keys need to be coded PFL or FL fella.

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Just spotted this and the lack of replies. You just need a blank key with chip as you've posted above, get it cut by a good locksmith (I had one key ruined by a typical high street outfit) then get it programmed to the immobiliser by Honda (or one of us with HDS could do it, but it'd still require getting a PCM-Code from Honda).

Honda would probably just charge an hours labour to do it. All in cost with key and cutting will probably be £100-120.

4. Chrispike Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thank you for the reply DeviateDefiant! MK Honda quoted me £100 for a regular key, cut and coded from them.

I ended up getting the remote key which they charged me £180 for. A lot I know but I have peace of mind now.

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    That's actually not a bad price, my local wanted £230. I'm sure HH would have been competitive.

Glad to hear it's sorted.