Service & Maintenance Replacement Service Book

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by vinnyc, Saturday 23rd Mar, 2013.

1. vinnyc Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Vinny Belfast
    Any ideas? Cost, getting old stamps added. Car has FSH with Honda, PO was fleet, I had the book and got it stamped but it's buried somewhere. I'd love a replacement.

Vinny.

2. AccordMavman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom James Cheshire
    Hey all

As my 150k milestone approaches, this is also means this is the last available space in my service book.

HH have quoted me £18 for a replacement book... I got one of these previously a few years back for my 6th Generation from HH's predecessor and they charged me £2. This seems quite an increase..:Messed:

I will get another one, as I need it, but would rather not pay the same as 3/4's of my annual car magazine subscription.

Will I have to resort to Fleabay? All ideas welcomed..

Thanks all

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    This is how I see it you want to keep your service record intact which give you satisfaction so you can see it service history it all in one place. Anyone inspecting it will be amazed and will credit you for taking the effort and meticulous care of you car in a nice booklet with date and stamps.

For everything else just for the sake of 18 quid you can take the cheap skate route and use photocopies, and be judged has he done this service?

See attached.

Attached Files:

AccordMavman likes this.
  4. AccordMavman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for sending this thru CJ, appreciate it. Good points and nicely summarised - have to agree with you - the cheapskate route it is!

I keep invoices for everything anyway, scan them, pop them in a folder on my laptop and record everything on a spreadsheet too. If I'm judged guilty after this, I'll get my coat..
    Is that OCD enough?! Hope so...:bigeyed:

Ichiban likes this.
  5. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I lost my 8th Generation book so bought another for £18 from the original dealer who stamped it and posted it to me. I then got the local dealer to fill in the rest at service time. The following week of picking up my CR-V I found the lost book! Typical!

AccordMavman and Ichiban like this.
  6. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Honda Jazz, Accord, Civic, City, Car, Service History Replacement Book New | eBay
    £4.79

7. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

8. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Oh right. I don't know what replacement book looks like so assumed but then again better than using a photocopy?!

9. AccordMavman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hmmm
    So if it's not genuine, I'm intrigued to learn as to who actually produced it...
    Any ideas?!

10. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

I think what he means is, this is a generic service book and not Honda's replacement one.

11. AccordMavman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ah-ha. Well, as it happens I've randomly found a blank page from the continuation book from my 6th Generation, so I'm going to scan/copy that and stick it in my existing book. I've got a colour scanner & some photo paper so it won't look too bad. Plus I'll still be £18 better off! Works for me....:Wink: