Engine & Gearbox Replacing Clutch Pipe with Braided Hose

Discussion in '5th Generation (1994-1997) [Rover 600, Isuzu Aska]' started by jonnyboy, Saturday 20th Sep, 2014.

1. jonnyboy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

jonny
    hi guys, has anyone ever replaced there clutch pipe with braided hose? basically i replaced the CMC but the clutch pipe got a littlw bent in the process so isnt as free flowibg as it should be. i would replace with normal pipe but after lookibg around thw pipe is thicker than brake pipe, and i would need pipe benders/cutters/flarer so would become very expensive. found someone on ebay that can supply all the fittings and hose for about £25. any reccomendations or comments on this would be greatly appreciated. thanx in advance

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Well the CMC pipe is not subjected to the sort of pulsating pressures like brakes lines do, so apart from they look cool and they can't be bent to bulge the rubber pipe I say go for it.

Mate share the vendor so we also can get some made if needed :Grin:

3. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Assuming you are talking about the filler pipe from the CMC res to the cylinder, then the OEM pipe is around 15 quid or so from Honda. I looked at it myself when I changed my CMC. Braided does sound interesting though.

Re-reading your post, it sounds more like you are talking about the high pressure output line that threads into the CMC - if so, this is also available from Honda for around 15 quid as well, less if you go through HH.

There are some things I personally wouldn't trust on ebay, things like specific hoses to high pressure clutch and brake lines is one of them. For such a cheap price going OEM, I personally would stick with the OEM parts, at least they fit.

SpeedyGee and Ichiban like this.
  4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Agree with your point of just using off-the-shelf parts, but I doubt the parts are still available OEM for the 5th Generation mate. Of course, it's worth a shot.

5. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Ahh right, didnt notice this was in the 5th Generation area of the forum :brickwall:

6. jonnyboy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

jonny
    yeah the high pressure pipe, been a 5th Generation is this a good alternative? also in need of a cluth pedal bracket. does anyone know where these can be bought from other than ebay? thanx for the comments though :Thumbup:

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Can you give me the exact spec of your car engine and trim. I will have a dig around,.

8. jonnyboy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

jonny
    Brilliant cheers. It's the 2.2vtec? Not sure of trim tbh. It's a 1997, z22z2? I think. Any other details needed just ask?

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Johnny in the morning can you get the engine code off your VIN plate please, it make it easier.

10. jonnyboy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

jonny
    I can indeed, thanx for your help! Muchly appreciated

Ichiban likes this.
  11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    if you add your car to the garage then it populates all these details and then people can help you faster.:Hooray:

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  12. jonnyboy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

jonny
    Does this help?? uploadfromtaptalk1411641111357.

13. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Should not be a problem, fitted them on the old type minis and this improves the feel esp as the mini is normally a rubber hose so the braided is a good improvement . Sounds like your swapping for a steel pipe so feel should be almost the same, some on ebay are not to standard so try to get one that has a D.O.T logo printed on the steel section .this is department of transport certified , better still is get one from a good aftermarket supplier,maybe a company into racing them,should find plenty in car magazines, online etc.

14. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

Northern Ireland Pete Belfast, UK
    i made my own for my Accord.

Will be doing the clutch someday soon.

If you can tell me the length of hose you want made, I can make the appropriate hose to suit you.