Electrical & Lights replacing headlights and fog lights

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by eviltony, Thursday 25th Jul, 2013.

1. eviltony Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi there my 2002 accord i need to relace my headlights as they getting cloudy a bit not to bad looked at cleaning but also was looking on ebay and saw some nice headlights in america is there a way to use them over here tro uk standard or can u replace the plastic that looks like its clipped on where it clouded also any1 know where can get headlights and fog lights as can't find any where that sells thjem other than honda dealer also any cheaper way of getting a key cheaper than honda helpoappreciated

2. synaesthesia Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Nick Derby
    The headlights will not be any good over here - to start with, I'd imagine they would be for the American Accord which is very different (closer to our Civic). To second, I believe (could be wrong here of course) they, like european headlights are handed and would need altering?

Better off cleaning yours up tbh, it's not difficult and they look brand new.

3. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    just get a kit to polish out the cloudy effect know the plastic. Turtle wax do a cheap ish kit which works fine with a lot of elbow grease !! Fog can be gadgets on ebay if yours is petrol there are loads of sells with them. Diesel harder to come by.

4. eviltony Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ty for replies yer its petrol i tried some polish can't remember bnname but still not amazing shame they make only nicer headlights fro us Accords be nice if there were some uk angel eyesor something i found uncle pooters i think polish dunno if any good or noit ill try find the turtle wax 1

5. synaesthesia Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Nick Derby
    Toothpaste and an attachment for the end of your drill. 5 minute job!

6. AndyB1976 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Aberfoyle
    I used Halfords Rubbing Compound and a drill buffer/polisher from Amazon

I sprayed the rubbing compound with a water mist from an old trigger bottle a couple of times. I did mask off around the bodywork, the pad will flick the compound all over the place too.

lightscopy.

SpeedyGee likes this.
  7. eviltony Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thanks for the heads up ill give that a go when i get the drill piece and rubber

8. AndyB1976 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Aberfoyle
    You can do it by hand and a damp cloth but it does take elbow grease for sure. Of course a quicker way is with the kits and something a bit more coarse, a few grades of sandpaper easing up to polish then sealant.

I've done mine again since that pic and they have got clearer again. The benefit of buying rubbing compound, maybe a plastic polish and sealant you will enough materials for a few treatments albeit at a slightly costlier outlay in the beginning ie polisher kit, rubbing compound, Megs plastic polish and a sealant.

9. eviltony Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

well i got a headlight in practically new condition from scrap yard for 20quid each so can't complaingot my fog lights as well in excellent condition for 15 each so im happy