Engine & Gearbox Replacing Spark Plugs

Discussion in '7th Generation (2001-2005)' started by TheGreatDane, Monday 4th Apr, 2016.

1. TheGreatDane Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Andreas A Leeds
    Hi guys,

So ever since I bought my lovely 05' Civic, I've been wanting to do a bit of maintenance to it, seeing as it has run over 86000 miles now. This includes replacing all filters and replacing my spark plugs.
    After having checked some guides, I feel fairly confident that I can replace the spark plugs myself. However I thought it best to ask here before proceeding, seeing as there are some inconsistencies in the guides.. Namely:

- Whether or not to use anti-seize compound like Copper Ease and how to apply this to the spark plugs.
    - Normal or Iridium Spark plugs? Recommended brand?
    - Spark plug gap distance (and is it even necessary?)

Thanks!

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    :Hey:

3. Denso23 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Denso23 London
    Just in the process on changing the spark plugs on my Honda accord 2.4 petrol. The plugs are about to be taken out for the first time at 66k miles. below is a picture of their condition, those plugs are good quality. Replaced with genuine again. I have replaced all four and tightened them up hand tight, can anyone please give me the torque setting for for these plugs and the coil pack screws? Thanks
    image.

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    From memory Spark Plugs 16Nm Coil Pack bolt 12Nm