Service & Maintenance Replacing the alternator belt (need part no/dimension) 2.0 petrol

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by mustnap, Thursday 19th Nov, 2015.

1. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Malaysia mustnap Kuala Lumpur
    Hi guys.

1. My alternator is about to die i think so i am going to replace it with a second hand one. I would also like to replace the belt - unfortunately i cannot see the part number on my belt. Can someone share with me the part number as well as the dimension if possible?

2. On LingsHondaParts, I got the following number, 38920-RBA-013 , is it the right part number (or even the same belt that I am looking to replace?)

FVP5bSG.

3. Any other parts that you suggest me to replace along with the alternator and the belt? My car is a 2003 2.0 manual.

Thank you.

DQrT9gc.

aiIlUdk.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    That is a part number for the Aux belt but the part number maybe different in your region ??

3. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well, a friend of mine can order the part for me , as long as he gets the right part number. lingshondaparts has its own numbering system, but if you search for the part on lingshondaparts, you will get the "translation" to Honda part numbering system. Still, i am worried that

7A71g6s.

1. I am looking at a totally different part
    2. Lingshondapart is showing a different part number

Here is the page of the parts for my car, but i am not sure if that belt is the same belt shown on page "(L93) - AIR CONDITIONER(COMPRESSO R)" (the alternator belt does seem like it goes through the AirCond compressor so i assumed it is the same).

Honda Car Parts / Choose by Model / Genuine Honda Parts | Honda Cars | Honda Motorcycles | Honda Power Products | Lings Honda

If anyone has the same 2.0 petrol car, Pre FL, and can share the part number with me, that would be great. T

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Yes I know this, what I meant was that the Lings part numbers are probably only valid here in the UK/Europe. The same part may have a different part number for the Malaysian market.

You are looking at the right part.

5. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ah alright. i will check with my friend that the part number is the one that is made for UK cars.

Thank you for confirming!

6. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Hammad Bury St. Edmunds
    Be careful with the belt length.. as the belt on some 03 2.0 models is of shorter length and for the life of me, unable to find what the correct official size is. when i measured the old belt, which i took off, it was around 1690mm and there no drive belt available in this length.
    However when I put my reg in online, they all suggest its a 1760mm belt. So, searching around, found a gates 1705mm one, but now that's slightly loose (can tell by looking at the notch on tensioner):brickwall:

7. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Oh God.. really? That is annoying. Will share your info with my friend that will order the part for me. is there a way for me to measure the belt without having to take out the engine?

8. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

nah, u'll have to take it out to measure, and remember, measure inside of the belt..
    it's very easy to take the belt off and putting it back in.

9. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i've never taken it out before, well never do anything with parts in the engine bay really.

So i can just take it out like that? (open the bonnet, slide the belt out [not sure if that is possible], measure, slide the belt back in)?

10. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

yes, basically, if i remember correctly, there's a 17mm bolt holding the tensioner. just put a wrench on it and move the tensioner backwards, this will in turn loosen the drive belt enough to be taken off..
    there is a post somewhere here explaining how to do it.

11. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    This one says it replaces the Honda part number given in post #1...
    7PK1690 [7PK1690] - - It's Free! : Automotive Belts, Japan Car Belts Automotive Belts

I googled 7pk1690 on the assumption that the K20 uses a 7 groove standard belt?

hsyasin likes this.
  12. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

13. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

@mustnap here's the link..
    http://hondakarma.com/guides/drive-alternator-poly-belt-changes-diesel.14/

Cheers @Zebster will have a look at this
    - - - Updated - - -
    yeah, have seen it..
    but does anyone know hat the correct length is??
    is it 1700 or 1690?
    - - - Updated - - -
    I wanted to go OEM, but am confused, as when i called HH, they can get the belt, but they don't know what length it is(the one they have).. worried about what if i get the wrong length again

mustnap likes this.
  14. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i will drop by a garage to get my belt measured before i place an order for a new one. better be safe than sorry.

Will update here once i get the measurement.

15. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just measured the belt. It is 165cm ~ 65inch

SpeedyGee likes this.
  16. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

the garage ordered a Mitsoboshi 7PK 1665 (i assumed 1665 is the dimension). Unfortunately it was a bit short, maybe close to 1 inch short.

qtK5ocv.

A better fit was Gates 7PK 1700 and it matches perfectly. It could be that i had made a mistake when i measured the belt at the garage. Anyway, if your car is a 2.0 2003 manual Accord, then yours might be similar to mine.

zckJFIR.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Left : mitsoboshi 7PK 1665, right my one (not sure if the previous owners had changed it or not)

aAXLwAb.

17. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

actually this is the one that people of my Accord Euro R group said best match the car

8xTNhvn.

18. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Where does the mark sit on the tensioner with the 1700 belt ?

Zebster likes this.
  19. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    I'm pretty sure the proper length is 1690mm, but maybe that's hard to find as an aftermarket belt?

20. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You car is SE which does not have a hydraulic power steering it has EPS hence the belt on your car is shorter.