Service & Maintenance Resetting SvRS for Air Filter Change

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by AccordBuzz, Wednesday 23rd Jul, 2014.

1. AccordBuzz Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Jack
    Hi guys.

I have the service light on with the code '8'. I'm led to believe that this is the air filter.

I'm torn whether to get Honda to do it and pay the extortionate price for a clip off part, or do it myself and reset the SvRS.

What would you recommend?

Also, does resetting the SvRS just reset that specific code?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Sorry for being blunt without being funny you can't do what you want without the right equipment and know how . Extornaiatant dealer prices are there when haven't got regular check in with them on a regulus basis .the more frequent you are they less you pay.

TBH modern car makers work on the same principle.

3. AccordBuzz Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Jack
    I have the knowledge to change it, worked on cars all my life. That's why it's a fustratingly easy job to pay for.

I'm not doubting you but is that really the case with dealers? Why would they lower prices due to visit frequency? Isn't the price just the price?

I might have to just bite the bullet and get honda to do it

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    So does that mean you have the HDS to reset the air filter option? can't see how else you would do it? as for frequency to a dealer just think about loyal custom they will do right by you, if you use them to means to an end you will be extended the same in prices.

5. narcosis Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I just had the SvRS turned off, after reading and researching and noting my yearly service with Honda plus half yearly personal service (oil, air and cabin filters - all Honda parts) I decided to turn it off. I also talked through it with the dealer and felt quite happy about doing so, no regrets anyway.