General Respray quotes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by richsprint, Thursday 14th Mar, 2013.

1. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Sorry guys, prepare for a rant, need to get it off my chest....

My front bumper is chipped to hell, so I've been getting prices to respray it. Chipsaway have quoted £250 and another local bodyshop £320+vat.

For them both I even said I'd remove and clean it to save another hours labour or so. They reckon its 9 hours labour + £100 materials to do it.

I just don't get where they get these prices from, I can get a new one for less than that painted, this is Gloucester not Kensington!

don't they want the business, they must have more lucrative work to do?
  2. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

New bumper must be somewhere around price they quoted you for respray,just get a new bumper.
  3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    This definitely makes me want to go in the direction of buying a new back bumper for mine instead of getting it filled and sprayed. Isn't it 20 minutes per coat or something? 9 hours total is far-fetched.
  4. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Bunch of robbing you know whats!!
  5. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    A new bumper, front or back, is only £250. Might as well do that if they're the silly prices they're quoting. If you could prep it yourself I don't see why it should cost more than £150.
  6. Brian100 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Her in Cyprus one quote I got was 250 euro a panel, I said I only want a respray not shares in the company, and i said the same as you I do all the prep work, at those prices it's cheaper for me to buy a compressor and equipment, spray the car and sell the stuff on when I have finished.
  7. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yep guys, I think I'll just buy a new one for £250 painted, fit it myself, and then try and get £50 for the old one on Ebay.

I asked the guy about the bonnet also, he wanted another £320+vat for that also, also wanted to do the wings to blend the colour, for another £90+vat. Cloud cuckoo land prices!

I was trying to support a local business, but they must have too many customers only too willing to pay those crazy prices.

Maybe it is our area, I had a quote for some garden work, £400 to skip about 30 concrete slabs, supplying the skip also. I got a skip for £100 and did it in a day myself.