General Respray quotes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by richsprint, Thursday 14th Mar, 2013.

1. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Sorry guys, prepare for a rant, need to get it off my chest....

My front bumper is chipped to hell, so I've been getting prices to respray it. Chipsaway have quoted £250 and another local bodyshop £320+vat.

For them both I even said I'd remove and clean it to save another hours labour or so. They reckon its 9 hours labour + £100 materials to do it.

I just don't get where they get these prices from, I can get a new one for less than that painted, this is Gloucester not Kensington!

don't they want the business, they must have more lucrative work to do?

2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

New bumper must be somewhere around price they quoted you for respray,just get a new bumper.

3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    This definitely makes me want to go in the direction of buying a new back bumper for mine instead of getting it filled and sprayed. Isn't it 20 minutes per coat or something? 9 hours total is far-fetched.

4. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Bunch of robbing you know whats!!

5. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    A new bumper, front or back, is only £250. Might as well do that if they're the silly prices they're quoting. If you could prep it yourself I don't see why it should cost more than £150.

6. Brian100 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Her in Cyprus one quote I got was 250 euro a panel, I said I only want a respray not shares in the company, and i said the same as you I do all the prep work, at those prices it's cheaper for me to buy a compressor and equipment, spray the car and sell the stuff on when I have finished.

7. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yep guys, I think I'll just buy a new one for £250 painted, fit it myself, and then try and get £50 for the old one on Ebay.

I asked the guy about the bonnet also, he wanted another £320+vat for that also, also wanted to do the wings to blend the colour, for another £90+vat. Cloud cuckoo land prices!

I was trying to support a local business, but they must have too many customers only too willing to pay those crazy prices.

Maybe it is our area, I had a quote for some garden work, £400 to skip about 30 concrete slabs, supplying the skip also. I got a skip for £100 and did it in a day myself.