Off-Topic Rest of Top Gear series cancelled

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Chunkylover53, Saturday 14th Mar, 2015.

1. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'm sure everyone has heard about this, however its just hit me that we won't see Jeremy's test of the NSX :Sobbing:

Who here has signed the petition to keep him at the BBC? Last time I checked it had 850k signatures!

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I don't like the guy he oozes arrogance. He won't have liked the NSX anyway, it's not German.

Galgo and moob like this.
  3. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    @SpeedyGee very true ! I've struggled to like him for a long while.

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    He'd probably have compared it to something like the R8 and said look the R8 is better ! :disagree:

5. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    I was surprised to see him driving the new Megane RS. He always moans about french cars and has now bought one.

6. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    If they do cancel Top Gear, how will I find out how good all future Golfs and M series BMW are?

FirstHonda likes this.
  7. Nighthawk Guest

I quite like the fella actually, I like his bluntness, a rarity these days for people to actually speak their minds.

874,000 votes so far and climbing

Petition · BBC: REINSTATE JEREMY CLARKSON · Change.org

He is thinking about quitting the BBC anyway according to the latest reports. Without him, I think Top Gear will die

8. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Couldn't agree more, without Clarkson it won't be the same.
    I always liked Top Gear.Went to live shows etc but i must admit lately it's been a bit boring.
    He had it coming i suppose but i would like him to continue but after this i don't think that will happen.

9. Nighthawk Guest

Lets be honest here, I don't think he is particularly struggling for finances. If he left, he would be snapped up by another channel. If they did try to continue Top Gear, the new presenter would have rather big public expectations to fill. What I like about the show is that you can actually see that the three of them are friends. That comes through the camera and makes it so much better, even if certain parts of it are scripted.

10. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    I skipped most of last weeks show as I finding it boring :ShelfShoot:

11. Nels Moderator Staff Team

IMHO
    The guy is an arrogant, self-opinionated, know all. He has got too big for his boots. In his mind, he is a megastar, and has been allowed to have his own way for far too long. So much so, that he is considered irreplaceable. Well he's not.

Whilst it is true that sometimes he is very frank about the shortfalls of some vehicles, his pro-German, anti-Honda attitude has hugely influenced what sells in the UK.

Goodbye Clarkson. I won't miss you.

moob and exec like this.
  12. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ouch that's a bit harsh.
    He might be all the things you have said but still he made what was once a great programme and possibly only thing worth watching on rip off that BBC is.
    I don't take him seriously nor can he influence me what vehicle to buy.
    I will disagree with you and say i will miss him but hey that's life.

13. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Maybe there should be a petition to have him arrested for assault?

Galgo and moob like this.
  14. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Maybe I am being a little harsh, but as you've gathered, I'm not one of his fans.
    - - - Updated - - -
    If he did punch someone, then he should be dealt with accordingly.

15. Nighthawk Guest

Clarkson is a bit like marmite really, you get people who like him, and people who don't. He does appear rather biased towards German marques, one of the reasons why I was a bit surprised to see him driving a French car. Nothing he has ever said has influenced my opinion of a car, one of the reasons being, noone drives a car like they do on the show, I like it for the humour factor of the three together. I do agree with @Nels - he is very opinionated, but I find him humerous on TV and within the context of Top Gear. I am sure I would feel very differently if I met him in real life.

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  16. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Much as I dislike Clarkson, I still find him infinitely preferable to Hammond.

Top Gear really has been morphing into 'Last of the Summer Wine' in recent years...

17. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Top gear is (or at least it was) very entertaining , and there are parts of the show I do like.

I have met/dealt with a few celebrities in the past. Some, like Joanna Lumley are wonderful. A very pleasant lady who has not let her fame go to her head.
    Conversely, a well known comedian, who met through work, was actually absolutely vile. However, on the TV he is a happy, jovial person who is liked by many.

Hammond and May, whilst irritating at times, are not offensive. Clarkson can be very good, but I find he has an underlying offensive manner.

Over 800k say bring him back.
    I say kick him out.

If the BBC do kick him out, he will be snapped up by another station, so we will not really get rid of him. :Frown:

Zebster likes this.
  18. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'd rather watch Clarkson over the likes of VBH, Quentin Wilson, Mike Brewer, etc etc etc. He has a personality unlike the others.

To be honest it's Richard Hammond I can't stand.

19. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Amen to that!

What about Edd China?

20. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Wow i must admit first time i see this side of you.
    Sound like a witch hunt or personal vendetta that you have against him.

I hate Lewis Hamilton with passion but would never wish him bad or call for his head just because i don't like him personally.

Anyway not really important and like somebody said it's not like he is going to struggle to survive so whatever happens i am sure he'll be ok.

Duc de Pommfrit likes this.