Body, Paint & Styling Retrofit fog lights (genuine fogs)

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by Harvey, Sunday 28th Sep, 2014.

1. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hiya guys and gals,
    recently came into my possetion for the princely sum of £10 where two genuine Accord fog lights and leather steering wheel (fitted and will be making another post on this)

I am wondering if there is still available a wiring harness to connect these to my motor vehicle as I remember seeing a harness to fit them as genuine Honda aftermarket kits, or if anyone knows of a reputable supplier of an aftermarket harness kit which simply plugs into existing fuseboxes etc.

2. toyracer69 Junior Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

London
    I don't think they are available from Honda anymore....

3. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've emailed lings to see if they are still available, yet to hear from them, might buy an aftermarket kit I've seen on the bay, just for the wiring.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You can make your own harness bud,copex , heatshrink ,connectors and soldering you are away!

5. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

@Ichiban when it comes to wiring, its not my strong point, at a push I could probably make one. If there is still one available then I would rather purchase a genuine part thats made to fit and plug in correctly.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Plug and play always wins mate. I am of the philosophy make life easy not difficult when you can get a off the shelf.Hope you can find one somewhere.

Harvey likes this.
  7. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

hopefully, if not, I'm curious if the stuff made for the US market and sold on ebay.co.uk will work with UK cars, presume it will, or it will make life easier at least.

8. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ooh I'm going to keep a tab on this - as for the harness I'm useless when it comes to wiring so I can't help you there.

Harvey likes this.
  9. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well there is a little bit of bad news
    the wiring harnesses with these part numbers that is required to install the lights is no longer available. I've contacted a Honda dealers, to see if there are any about, even NOS but alas seems not

Sub Kit Relay 08V31S1A500Y2
    Harness A 08V31S1A500001
    Harness B 08V31S1A500002

However I've sent an email to a U.S seller who sells foglights to fit the US models of the car, so I'm hoping that the wiring might be similar.

10. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    What about a breakers yard?

11. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

@ArcticFire, easier said than done mate, I'm afraid, you rarely see non exec's with foggies and even then they are hardwired in, and not the seperate kit, though I'm keeping an eye for one with foggies that shouldn't have. I've got the lights themselves.

12. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Would it be possible to extract the hardwiring and then rewire it?

13. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

not from the car I got the fogs and switch from, cus I chopped um out. Well not easily anyway.

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    any updates on this matey?

15. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No updates as of yet, haven't had the time to take the front bumper off to cut the holes and mount the brackets. However, I have found a loom that may work. Anyone know if a Civic shares any of the same plugs on the fuse box or what plug foglights plug into on the fusebox?