ICE & HFT Retrofitting the NV3 sat nav in place of standard Radio

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Mrbananas, Monday 28th Sep, 2015.

1. Mrbananas New Member Getting Started

Scotland Rosco Stirling
    Folks,

Has anyone sucessfully attempted to retrofit the Sat Nav unit to a SE model , are Hondas factory fitted with a standardized wiring loom on all cars , any advice would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Ross

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I can't recall this having been done/attempted on the 4th Generation CR-V.

Wiring loom can be vary depending on what options are fitted.

3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    As the Sat Navs are an optional extra I would assume the loom is there to accommodate for it. @Beefy can advise on this one.

4. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I think - but could be wrong - that there are two different types of navigation unit in the 2012-2014MY CR-V.

The one in the S-T and SE-T (and also in the 'Black' and 'White' editions) looks different to the one in the SR and EX.

@Beefy is that correct? If so, would the version in the S-T and SE-T be fitted at the factory or as an accessory after build (in which case you'd have thought it may be able to be retro-fitted).

In the original Honda brochure, it shows the SR and EX fitted with 'HDD Satellite Navigation" but the S-T and SE-T fitted with "SD Navigation system, with integrated Bluetooth and HFT system."

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Earth calling @Beefy come in beefy..