ICE & HFT Reversing camera grid lines gone?

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Lisbon, Tuesday 3rd Nov, 2015.

1. Lisbon Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

The grid lines have gone from the reversing camera display on my CR-V. I haven't changed any settings, or anything else that might have caused this. After they disappeared I did reset the display, but to no effect. Has anyone any ideas? Thanks.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Ichiban likes this.
  3. Lisbon Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks @SpeedyGee , but grid lines are still not present after 10 minutes driving?

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Does the Connect system actually start up ?

I don't really know much about this system.

5. Lisbon Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I haven't noticed any other difference, other functions such as Sat Nav, MPG trip info, etc is all working. I back the car out of the drive to leave home and the grid lines have always been there straight from starting the engine. I cleaned the camera tonight after the rain today, and reset camera settings, but still no joy.

6. MikeM-271048 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy Mike Bruno
    @Lisbon you stimulate me into asking something that has been lurking for some time. What version of software have you got? I noticed in the thread on fuel consumption that you show the MPG and the distance covered in your trip A history, while my screen shows only the distance. If you have the correct setting for Info, you will get a brief menu display through which one can drill down to "System/Device Information". Mine shows the software as: 02.084.02.1123

Attached Files:

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

8. MikeM-271048 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy Mike Bruno
    Also wonder did you force a reboot of the Connect software? Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds, apparently.

Nels and FirstHonda like this.
  9. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Sorry, not something I know anything about as I don't have the 'Connect' system in my CR-V.

You aren't having much luck @Lisbon - but if the suggestion from @MikeM-271048 doesn't work the best option may be to call the dealer and see if they can advise over the 'phone.

10. Lisbon Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'll try a system reboot and check software version and let you know.

11. Lisbon Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Good news, the system reboot resolved the problem, all back to normal now. Take note, once the system reboots, a keypad appears and prompts you for a passcode. No passcode is required, you have to press and hold the power button again for 2 seconds to clear.

@MikeM-271048 I have the same software version as you, 02.084.02.1123.

Thanks gents.

FirstHonda likes this.
  12. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Good to hear.

Well done @MikeM-271048 for that crucial bit of advice.

13. MikeM-271048 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy Mike Bruno
    Glad to hear it! Strange though, that your Trip A history shows MPG for each row, and mine doesn't.

14. Lisbon Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

@MikeM-271048 There are two screens, one shows history of the last 3 Trip A's, the other shows the current and last journey. I reset A each time I fill up to get MPG figures tank full by tank full. If you post a photo, I'll take a look.

15. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex

16. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^ Not a stupid question at all!!

As far as I know, there are 3 options for the 4th Generation CR-V.

1. SR Navi and EX from 2012-2015 (i.e. pre-facelift) have a fully integrated 'HDD Satellite Navigation System' with hard drive.

2. 'T' Grade cars from 2012-2015 (i.e. pre-facelift S-T, SE-T and I believe the 'Black' and 'White' editions) have an 'SD Navigation System with HFT' but (as far as I can tell) no hard drive (does yours have a hard drive Keith??)

3. 2015MY cars i.e. facelift have the new Honda 'Connect.' This is an app based system, but isn't as fully integrated into the dash as the previous version. Easiest way to tell is that in order to load a CD, the whole unit pivots out of the dash to reveal the slot whereas on the previous version the slot is visible at the top of the unit.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Sorry, meant to add 'photo - the SR Navi and EX 2012-2015 version looks like this:

IMG_0135.

17. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Thanks for that.

Looking at the photo, mine has a CD slot at the top but the graphics look nothing like the photo and it certainly doesn't swivel out to load a CD. My car is the 2014 "Black Edition" but purchased new in May 2015. I therefore think that of the 3 options you list No. 2 is the most likely (I don't know if it's got a hard drive).

I suppose the next thing to determine is which handbook I have.

I'll take a photo of the display later on and post it this pm.

Keith

18. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I agree Keith, I think you have option 2 - and it sounds as though you have the handbook from either option 1 or option 3!

Not ideal...can see why you were flummoxed by some of the HFT stuff if that IS the case.
    - - - Updated - - -
    @155695 the Honda Connect version can be seen if you scroll down on this link:

Design – CR-V 2015 – Corporate Services – New Cars – Honda

19. Zoot Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Ron Leeds
    Ed, I keep getting a 404 error message from Hinda when trying the link.

20. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Still works fine on my Mac - try this:

Honda CR-V | Dimensions, Interior, Design | Honda UK
    - - - Updated - - -
    Sorry - the Honda website is disabling all links by the look of it - so it works fine on the Mac I'm using, but from my iPad it says 'I've gone off the map.'

Weird, no idea how to resolve that, not sure why they would disable links to their own products!

Anyway, from their website, go into the 'new' cars section, then CR-V, then 'design' and you'll see the page...