Bulletins & Advisories reversing camera

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by leakylee, Wednesday 17th Dec, 2014.

1. leakylee New Member Getting Started

leakylee Sheffield
    I have just bought a Honda CR-V 2007 ex the new mode but I can't set the reversing camera up. When I but it in reverse the satnav display goes blank but no picture/ and also the radio only displays the radio number and not the station 98.9 and not RADIO 1 can this be altered. please HELPl

2. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    It should come up automatically but have you tried pushing the brightness button a few times just in case? It is the second button down on the right.

Last edited: Wednesday 17th Dec, 2014
  3. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    20141217_201151.

4. leakylee New Member Getting Started

leakylee Sheffield
    could it be the camera because all the things on the satnav and radio work. what about the radio it does not display the chanel only the frequency 98.9 not radio 1 how do I change it
    - - - Updated - - -
    the camera did work when I took the car for a test drive before I bought the car but after I touched a few things trying to set the radio could have srwiched it off

5. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I've not seen any settings for the camera on mine, I'm sure all it does is use a video in feed at the back of the unit and isn't actually integrated in the system software. I'm guessing it auto switches to the camera feed in the same way as your TV can detect an input source with scart etc.

Would resetting the unit help? I don't know enough about it but in think there are others here who know how to access self diagnostics etc.

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    On after market unit, the reverse camera feed is usually triggered by connection to the reverse switch on the gearbox. Not sure if this is the same on the Honda units though.

7. leakylee New Member Getting Started

leakylee Sheffield
    Thank you for your reply. what about the radio the CR-V ex I have only displays the chanel number and not the station EG 98.9 instead of radio1 can that be altered

8. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I'm sure there was a thread about this recently which sorted the radio thing for someone else. May have been for the Accord but could be the same process?

9. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Hold down the power button when the radio is on. The small display will show you the functions to switch on and off. Turning the tune dial alternates between on and off. Pressing the tune button cycles through the function that can be changed.
    I think that's how it's done, but it's been a long day. :sleep:

10. Blackpool1974 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Uk
    Just press the audio button for a few seconds and a menu will appear then enable the options you need and station name will appear