Aftermarket Kit Reversing camera

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Matt Sargent, Tuesday 20th Nov, 2012.

1. Matt Sargent Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi want to get a reversing camera fitted but I don't want an extra sscreen
    If installed the sat nav CD player thing can I make the video come through that screen?? I really like the OEM look !!

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  3. Matt Sargent Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ok so I just need the sat nav unit from honda as I don't have that and that thing and a camera and I'm good to go?

But what does this mean?.. For the Honda Accord (2003-2007) the Multimedia Interface is connected to the navigation brain located in the trunk and not at the screen.?

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    The Honda Sat Nav is in two parts, one part is the screen built into the dash, the other is like box with a DVD slot in which the Sat Nav DVD goes into.
    This is the "brain" that they are talking about. On the gen 7 Accords it at the bottom of the centre console (not sure about the tourers).

Oh hang on a sec ! You don't have the OEM sat nav already installed ??

In that case its not going to be an easy task getting that in. I don't think anyone has done it successfully, have a trawl of the internet and see if you can find someone that has done it.

It's not as easy as buying the parts second hand needed for that Sat nav and just installing, these things have built in functionality needed by the rest of car like climate control etc.

5. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    If you're thinking of retro fitting a sat nav unit forget it. It involves changing the main wiring loom which runs behind the dash board. A few people have tried before, even going to the expense of buying the sat nav unit and the wiring loom. All have given up and had to sell the parts on. To fit all this will also require removing the dash board. It's a huge job and not worth it just for the benefit of a reversing camera.

If you want an OEM look you would be better off buying an after market rear view mirror with a built in screen which will display the image.

6. Matt Sargent Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ah ok can you suggest a good one to buy??

7. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    To be honest I can't as never looked into buying one, I only suggest this because I've seen this set up fitted in another car.