General Rhymes with @@@@ & drives a Cayenne

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Heckler, Tuesday 14th Jun, 2016.

1. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

On my way home this afternoon after visiting my folks, and with a boot full of shopping... driving through a very small village with narrow roads... when what do I see... but a complete and total @@@@ in a Cayenne speeding around the corner, cutting across both sides of the already narrow road... forcing me to swerve... followed by a double thunk and almost immediately the steering pulls to one side... They don't even stop. Just carry on speeding through a tiny village at excessive speed.

I managed to pull over in the gateway to a field... check the wheels/tyres. One is completely flat, the other has scuffs to the sidewall.

As you can see from the pics, it ripped a 1.5" gash in the sidewall of my front tyre, and left scuffs across the rear... So the can of repair foam and pump in the boot were useless.

Called the breakdown service and they sent out a guy with a donor wheel, then I drove it to Kwik fit (was nearest place) and got a new Goodyear fitted (Michelin was the one damaged). Cost me £82 fitted... They inspected the rim and found no new scuffs, dents or damage thankfully.

3 mins before the guy arrives to swap the whgeel for the donor one... thunderstorm arrives and we both get fully drenched. I tried taking shelter under the tailgate but rain was at an angle so I was soaked through from the knees down. The poor chap ding the wheel had a waterproof jacket on but no hat and his legs were drenched to and it was running down the back of his neck... But he never moaned just got on with it as quick as he could.

I'll be checking the dashcam footage later or in the morning... if it's caught everything clearly and the reg number... I'm gonna make a complaint to the police and send them the footage.. the @@@@ owes for a new tyre and the frozen shopping that was ruined due to nearly 4hrs delay getting home.

2016-06-14 15.52.59. 2016-06-14 16.02.27. 2016-06-14 16.02.50. 2016-06-14 16.45.57.

Last edited by a moderator: Tuesday 14th Jun, 2016
  2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I hope they do manage to get the Cayenne driver for that. It could so easily have ended with someone getting hurt.
    (I've edited the post as masked/misspelt expletives breach club rules)

Heckler likes this.
  3. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Shocking to read that @Heckler but not that surprising these days. Some drivers think they own the road just because they have a big German car.

Hopefully your dash cam will have footage that you can act on, although I'm not sure whether the police will do so?

At least nobody was hurt. This time anyway...

Heckler likes this.
  4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    There are some right (bites tongue) ... idiots out there.

Hopefully your dashcam will help nail the (bites tongue) ... idiots !

Nels and Heckler like this.
  5. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Gutted for you mate. Hope you get the footage and get his *ahem* kicked.

Nels likes this.
  6. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    What a @@@@@@@ @@@@!

Don't you have a proper spare? I've got a few of those type with knackered tyres and I'd be happy to let you have one (you arrange delivery). Message me if you want one.

Getting a proper spare that matched the road wheels was one of the very first things I sorted out when I found that bottle of gunk. Unfortunately I've needed to fit the spare twice in the last two months!

Heckler likes this.
  7. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I have been looking for one of them to use as a spare... but the only ones I see on ebay are ridiculously priced... £70 upwards plus £15 postage for a wheel with no tyre and in desperate need of a refurb... So @Zebster I would snap your hand of for another because I can clean it up and get a new tyre fitted (my other front will need replacing in a month or two as well).. and use that worn front for the spare.

Can you check how much it would cost to ship through interparcel.com as they've always been competitive and I think will ship anything up to 15kg for about £7-8... just needs to be wrapped in a bit of cardboard.

8. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    I'll weigh one tomorrow and let you know how heavy it is. Probably be this one... Hit something in road! (General - ) - it is a little tatty, but held air OK and ran true. Happy to wrap in cardboard and plastic, but I'll let you organise the courier.

Heckler likes this.
  9. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Cheers @Zebster I can arrange collection easily enough, just need an addy & postcode and rough weight... I'll just put the size as 16x7"

10. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Wonder if the @@@@ was the same one I encountered on the way to work this evening. There's a series of mini roundabouts near my home it happens regular you are entering the first one traffic coming along the main road on the left think they have right of way and just pull straight out. Sometimes without looking, which is what happened to me this evening I was actually on the roundabout and this @@@@ in a Cayenne (white) just decided they were on the main road so they had right of way I was already committed so couldn't go anywhere so they had to swerve to the left onto the kerb(it's a good job there were no pedestrians about). I just carried on thinking you ####***
    Idiot you deserved that!!! Well I got main beam in my rear view mirror for a few hundred metres and the motioning hand gestures ( no pal I don't need to do that I thought I have a wife) if you know what I mean.
    I just pulled off and he turned right and shot off up the road like Nigel mansell I did notice that his front left tyre and rim looked a little scuffed so as they say for every bad Karma somewhere there's a good one so looks like there's s God somewhere looking down on us after all.

Heckler likes this.
  11. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    could have been a much worse outcome,, glad no one was hurt... pop up the footage when you can.

CathyJ_NW and Heckler like this.
  12. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Karma will get the ****, Honda Karma! :toarms:

13. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Checked the dashcam footage, it's not 100% clear as I passed from daylight into a covered tree tunnel at the same time as the car comes round the corner... Not sure if it's the wide angle of the image but the car doesn't look like it crosses the centre line of the road in the footage as it did in real life. I've tried freezing the footage but the number plate isn't quite visible enough, it's DEF a personal plate that I think starts with J.

Will try out some editors and see if I can clean it up... But I doubt the police would consider it serious enough to do anything based on what I see.

14. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

If the driver keeps driving without due care one day they will cause a more serious accident of some sort.

Hopefully when that happens they will meet a big lorry, and nothing will be hurt except their pride and their precious Porsche badge.

15. trebor1652 New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom GB
    Thank God it was only a tyre and not you and the car wrapped around a tree.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

CathyJ_NW and Heckler like this.
  16. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Just wanted to say a big thanks to @Zebster who contacted me after reading this and offered me a spare wheel to match my wheels... Needs a refurb and a tyre but he gave it it to me FOC, and I arranged the courier for the measly sum of £8.07.

As I'm going to need the other front tyre replacing shortly, once my insurance is sorted in a few weeks I shall get the wheel refurbished and a matching tyre fitted... that can then go on the car and the one with low tread can become the spare... and I'll eventually refurb that and fit a new tyre, put it on the car... and so forth until all wheels are like new again.

CathyJ_NW, Ichiban, exec and 5 others like this.
  17. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Heckler likes this.
  18. Smokingman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Lincoln
    Heckler and Ichiban like this.
  19. CathyJ_NW Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Cathy Dyserth
    We live in a little village and get this a lot :tut:
    I hope the *** was caught.