Tools Rivet Plastic Clip Trim Removal Tool

Discussion in 'Tools & Equipment' started by Sphinx, Friday 1st Aug, 2014.

1. Sphinx Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I recently had to remove my rear bumper on my 7th Generation Accord which included removing 2 rivet clips which look similar to this (hence the notches in the collar) :

1000x1000.

I managed to get the clips out using a screwdriver after a bit of a struggle, however I was wondering if there a special removal tool out there for this.

The only thing I found is this :

3 pc. Body Clip Set KDT-41850 BRAND NEW! | eBay

KDT-41850.

however it is very costly and cannot find a UK supplier - does anyone any links to these type of tools.

I will need to remove the front bumper soon - and this would speed up the job.

Thanks in advance.

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

3. Sphinx Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for link - will have a look at that - I was just wondering if anyone had a tool they used rather than flat blade screwdrivers?

4. Sphinx Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

For that price, it's worth a shot.
    Let us know how you get on. If it's any good, we can add it the Tools section.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have a set I bought from a US seller I will get some images up on them, They are life savers they save the push clips from screwdriver damage.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Here is my set I have had these for a good 8-9 years and since owning them I have never broken one plastic push pin fixings. One is 30 degree angle and the other is 80 degrees and it gets the corners perfectly. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407094122.816214. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407094139.377861. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407094147.718331. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407094156.312387. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407094167.692277.

IIRC they were for 20 dollars US. Worth every single penny.

Nels and SpeedyGee like this.
  8. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Something else I will have to get then. Good job I've got a big red box to put them in. :Wink:

Ichiban likes this.
  9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The battle of the biggest and full red box may commence :Smile:

10. Nels Moderator Staff Team

You've already won that one :taunt:

11. Sphinx Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the pics.

I have ordered the (pair of) red pliers today. Will post an update when the arrive.

Cheers.

12. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England York
    So this a game for the biggest tool in a bright red box. Hmm. Not suitable for work me thinks

13. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I've had the same set as @Ichiban in my eBay watch list for what must be a year now. Let us know when your set of Sealeys arrive @Sphinx, at that price I'd definitely bite too :Smile:

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Mate the OTC ones are just the tool for these push pins, I have my doubts on the sealeys spring loaded action and the mouth.

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Lol it's out coded talk mate , after Nelsy put a halford tool chest offer on.