Exhaust System Road tax band question

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by stueymalton, Friday 1st Feb, 2013.

1. stueymalton Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi, I am looking at buying a 2007 2.0 SE saloon in a few months, have had a 1.6 Civic for years and love the reliable honda engines but need something bigger and newer.
    Love the look of Accords.

Just wondered what tax band that would be ? as I see it listed as I some places and J others ??

Many Thanks

2. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

3. dennismate Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Epsom
    My 8th Generation 2.0EX petrol is £215.00 a year, £250 is more likely the 2.4 petrol.

4. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

2.0 petrol autos are £250.

5. dennismate Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Epsom
  6. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

There were revisions to the 8th Generation 2.0 after launch which reduced the co2, so thats why yours is cheaper. Mines an early 8th Generation so has higher co2.

7. dennismate Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Epsom
    but I traded in my 8th Generation. 2008 2.0EX Auto (1st registered in May 2008) for my current car and the tax on that was exactly the same, in fact I've just had 7 months tax refunded to me from the DVLA on the old car, it was part of the trade-in deal, the refund was for £125.41, so divide by 7 and multiply that by 12 and guess what you get....

I'd contact the DVLA if I were you, you're paying too much, even they have the 8th Generation 2.0 petrol Accord auto down as a tax band I, whether it's an early 2008 or the latest 2013 model.

Check it out for yourself: - http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/HowToTaxYourVehicle/DG_10012524

8. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Maybe mine being a tourer makes difference, weight etc.

its 187g/km so just in band J £250

9. dennismate Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Epsom
    That might explain it, that's usefull info

10. stueymalton Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the replies guys. Looked up a few reg numbers and the 2.0 L manual saloon 7th Generation is a band I £215 for a years tax.

Not too bad tbh. See if I can stretch to an 8th Generation though as they are £170 a year tax.

Is there much difference on fuel economy between 7th and 8th Generation Accords ? From what I've seen the 8th Generation get a couple MPG better.