General Road Tax Reminder

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ichiban, Friday 16th Mar, 2012.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I received my renewal reminder for my 2.4 tourer this will be the last time I will be taxing it. it will wifey dears car come September.:Grin:

Just the small amount of £445.00 this year looking forward to paying a reasonable 225 for my 8th Generation when I get it ..it going to be a long wait.

2. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Still not as reasonable as the £125 I paid for my "dirty diesel".

:Wink:

Come to think of it, my insurance is cheaper than your 2.4's road tax! LMAO

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The fun of driving a Honda petrol is not for light weights , faint hearted.it made for drivers who enjoy car which come with the expense. which is priceless.

Saving money isn't the highest priority when you live your life once. :Grin:

4. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Diesel doesnt automatically mean "penny pinching"...LOL

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    On the same breath it not fun to drive for a petrolhead perspective either getting a higher mileage appeals to majority and minority love the petrol engine brilliance.

Diesel cars are bought for fuel economy for lower tax , but can they bring a smile to a petrol owner?

no it can't.

6. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Beg to differ- I'm ALWAYS smiling (yes, Im a former petrol owner!). Depends on the driver I guess!

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Since it my forum and within the rules of the forum...

Have you been a biker? Then you will dislike tractors with torque. You love to hear the exhaust and revving the engine HARD, use the high revs to your advantage and you are fast....Not on public roads.

Japanese bikes and 2 strokes are all high revving machines and if you have rode these machine? I have ever since I got my license then you won’t look at diesels. I hate the narrow powerband vehicles I can’t drive diesel, I have tried and tried it just alien to me. Despite the financial advantages I will never own one as it never brings me that driving joy. To me the diesels are soulless and lack character only the true die hard petrol aficionados will agree with me ,which again are as extinct as the dinosaurs.

It fitting to say here when I order my 8th gen Honda has to make this car for me , so it built to order that gives you an indication how dire the situation is for petrol lovers.

I do like the Accord Diesel automatic if Honda made a DSG of that then we can have seamless shifting. Latsly if Honda gets rid of German vendors from their cars I will gladly buy one, until then it off the list for life.

8. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No, never been a biker but do appreciate your passion for petrol.

As you say, financial advantages aside, diesel isnt for everyone :Smile:

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    True on that point truce on petrol debate, as I recall diesel was never in the equation. :Grin:

I wish a lot car owners were biker their observation skills and anticipation on the road will be second to none. in my humble opinion the CBT should be standard for all new car drivers to make them aware of their surrounding and start planning ahead you will make swift progress. You will find you have planned your road position and approach in a couple of seconds..

Helen say I have this bad habit of the life saver glance whilst driving :Whistle: I have caught so many things in my blind spot.

10. Norms Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hahaha nice one Mr Forum Owner :Tongue:

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Paul will be wielding his axe if he sees anything untoward here he is the law here.:Whistle:

12. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Road tax for mine is 260£ a year.Does your new car have lower emission then current 8th Generation when you will be paying 225£for road tax?

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds