General Rolling on 19'!

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Kris81, Monday 23rd Feb, 2015.

1. Kris81 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Since putting 19" wheels on, the car feels a bit wooly to drive? Sort of less responsive and direct, could this be down to the winter tyres? Will normal tyres bring back the nice driveability I use to have with the 17's on?

2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Winter tyres have different rubber compounds. They tend to be softer and more pliable to cope with cold temperatures and remain grippy. The main reason why summer tyres arent so good in cold weather is that the rubber hardens up and reduces grip. So, yes, I would imagine that when you put summer tyres back on, it will feel better again

3. Kris81 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I've just got these 19" wheels and they came with winter tyres on, so I don't know how it will drive with normal tyres on?

I'm thinking of getting uniroyal rainsport 3 or nokian zline and hopefully it'll feel spot on again

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I haven't been in an Accord with 19s on, but I have heard many times that the ride can be very hard. @Mr CL7 or @Mikey D might be able to give you some feedback from theirs :Smile:

5. Mikey D Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I can honestly say the difference going from 17 to 19 wasn't worth writting home about... Was fine. The difference between 17 and 19 with the lowered springs however is significant. With a v firm spring rate and side wall at 35 it defo gets a bit dogem-esc. But I cope. As for tyres I just this week switched from the pirellis which were already on the wheels to a set of Marangoni M-Power. First 200 miles. Great. I got 2 delivered to my door for £120 and I couldn't be happier will defo go for these again. Dry and wet trials are coming out :clap: for a mid-range tyre.

6. Kris81 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Where did u get them from mikeYd?
    I've just priced some 235 35 19 they are £150 each!

7. Mikey D Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Wouldn't ya know it, the website is down for maintenance right now but if you give em a try later... IMG_20150223_235959.

8. Kris81 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Probably putting all the prices up!

I'll have a look cheers.

9. Mikey D Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I hope not. I want some for the rears!