Guides Roof Bars

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Robaloy, Monday 18th Mar, 2013.

1. Robaloy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

$T2eC16ZHJHQE9nzEy8GmBRO1cdqCU!~~60_12.

Does anybody know if these Roof bars from a 2006 accord tourer will fit my 2008 tourer?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I doubt it as the clamps and the rood rail profile is slightly different between the 7th and 8th Generation , have you bought them or you looking it up on eBay?

3. Robaloy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

looking to purchase, e bay, looking on other roof rack sites they sell the same kits for the 2 models but these might not fit as they are Honda specific, not sure?!

4. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I'd reckon they would fit, they look like a fairly generic type for cars with roof rails, rubber coated feet, with clamps you wind in to grip the rails.

Worth a go at that price. New Honda or Thule bars are expensive. I've heard Aldi also do reasonable lockable generic bars for £25.

Robaloy likes this.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Give it a try as Rich has said if you get no joy stick em back on eBay using different pictures :Wink:

Robaloy likes this.
  6. Rick05 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Richard Cork ,Ireland
    I bough something very similar , had no problem using "em .

7. BanditSid Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I bought a set of the roofbars Lidl were selling around christmas, well made and TUV approved, but despite stating they would fit an 08 Tourer they aren't long enough when fitted near the front of the roof rails - the roof rails aren't parallel. I've finally given up with them and bought a set of Thule bars that work a treat. It might be worth checking the length of the bars you are looking at on Ebay in case you experience the same problem.

Ichiban likes this.
  8. Robaloy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well hope they fit as I have just won the Auction £51 all in which is pretty good as they were advertised as brand new, will let you know. In the picture it does look as if one bar is longer than the other so that'll be the front one!

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Nice one fingers crossed for you bud get some pictures up when they land.

10. Robaloy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well they turned up this morning, quick eh, and they just fit, look pretty good for £51, result me thinks!

image. image.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Can one off the mods reinsert the images quickly before they drop off , I am on a mobile browser.

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good stuff Matey people will start to snap theses up soon.

13. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I would but am on the phone right now.

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  15. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Excellent result, just shows you don't have to pay Thule rip off prices.