Body, Paint & Styling Roof rail trim

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by NottsBiker, Sunday 29th Mar, 2015.

1. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Hi All

I've recently picked up a set of genuine roof rails for my PFL tourer from eBay for £75. After months of searching I stumped up the cash as I thought the price was fair as they are currently silver and missing x1 corner cover. The cover is currently on order from Holdcroft Honda for £23 delivered. HH when asked told me that there was no different rubber gutter seal set available so I can only guess that the originals must be cut or drilled.

Does anyone know or have the fitting instructions tucked away?

Many thanks - Ben

2. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Guessing no one knows because their cars either came with rails already fitted or they went for roof bars that don't require rails.

TBH I'm trying to avoid messing up my rubber trims if I don't need to and just need to confirm if they need modifying like HH said or if I do in fact need another set.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I'm sorry no one has replied to you Ben.

As you say probably means that no one actually knows.

4. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    No drama but just a bit frustrating lol

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    All PFL cars came without rails so it wasn't a standard option the FL car got them as standard, that is why its quite. They didn't sell a lot of these kits for your car anyway.

Searched the forum and found this for you Body, Paint & Styling - Retro fit Tourer roof rails

6. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Thanks I've read that thread already.

Seems odd that Honda don't sell new / different rubbers but it's not obvious how you modify the original ones. Unless I'm being blind of course.

7. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Went out yesterday evening and had a good look but could not see how to remove the trim as it went down into the engine bay at the front and was secured at the rear with I'm guessing some kind of hook.

Looking at the trim itself there does not appear to be anywhere obvious to cut it.