Pre-Facelift Model roof upholstery

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by maelstrom, Monday 10th Aug, 2015.

1. maelstrom Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Dave Stirling
    Hi guys, sorry for the random question, but I just noticed that the front edge of the roof upholstery (where it meets the windscreen) is not tucked in, if that makes sense, as it is at the back. It is just cut and frizzy. Is this the norm? Cheers

2. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    I bought mine new in May just gone and the roof lining is dressed neatly up to the windscreen and down the pillars in the same way. Not a vestige of frayed edges anywhere.

Keith

maelstrom likes this.
  3. maelstrom Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Keith, quite annoyed at mine. I bought car new too

4. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    If it's new, then it's quite easy - straight back to the dealer - it just shouldn't be like that, they will have to fix it under warranty.

Keith

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Did it have any option extras fitted ? Maybe the dealer that fitted the optional extras caused some damage to the headlining ?

6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

@maelstrom - this is what mine looks like. Similar to yours?

IMG_0089.

I'd never have thought to look there! To me it looks like normal Swindon attention to detail...:Ermm:

@155695 would be interesting to see a 'photo of yours to compare.

maelstrom likes this.
  7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I guess they weren't never expecting you to look up there LOL.

Nighthawk, FirstHonda and maelstrom like this.
  8. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Just thought - quick boys we'd better hide this thread from @Ichiban :Rolf:

SpeedyGee likes this.
  9. maelstrom Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes FirstHonda, something like that, just cut not tucked in. Only noticed by chance. Mine is an SE model, no additional extras fitted.

10. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I think it's normal @maelstrom

Some are probably better than others, but as @SpeedyGee says, it isn't somewhere you'd normally look. I wouldn't say that it indicates a thorough approach to quality by the Swindon factory, but what do I know?! I also don't consider it to be much of an issue TBH.

:Unknown:

11. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Certainly can but being a bit thick, I can't work out which bit the photo is of - is it the top of the windscreen behind the mirror?

12. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Ha ha - yes, top of the windscreen looking at the leading edge of the roof lining - so facing the camera sort of towards the rear corner of the car...if that makes sense?!

13. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Here are the photos. 18 and 19 are the ones of the lining where it meets the top of the windscreen behind the mirror and 20 is where the lining is dressed down the nearside A pillar . The fact that the lining doesn't look as smooth at the junction in 18 and 19 as it does in 20 is nothing to do with the lining, it is all to do with the camera which was a bit too close to focus properly in those 2 photos. 20 is the more accurate picture and reflects the way all the roof lining is dressed to the edges.

Hope this helps.

Keith

IMG_0018[1].JPG IMG_0019[1].JPG IMG_0020[1].JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Thursday 13th Aug, 2015
    FirstHonda likes this.