General Room 101

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FirstHonda, Friday 31st Oct, 2014.

1. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I've done a lot of miles this week, and felt like a rant...but decided instead to start a "room 101" thread where we can put all those things that we want to disappear, forever... :Devil:

To start:

- Drivers who don't use indicators on roundabouts. Seriously, regardless of the law, it's just good manners. It's the stalk behind your steering wheel, in case you were wondering what it was for...
    - Middle lane hogs on the motorway. You aren't a mobile chicane, so for the love of God, pull over when lane one is empty. PULL OVER.
    - BMW drivers. In particular the young lady in the brand new white 520d, who twice in the space of two miles pulled into a "right turn only" lane to get past a queue, and then forced her way in to go straight on. First time she nearly took the front off my Accord, second time some other poor soul. Honestly, if I had been driving an old banger, nothing would have given me greater pleasure than to take the front off her piece of Bavarian **** :Rant::Rant::Rant:
    - Range Rover Sport drivers. Look guys, having a 7-10 year old footballers' wives car doesn't make you a) classy (far from it, you are advertising the exact opposite) and b) it doesn't give you the right to drive 5 cms from the back bumper of every other road user. Just take an anger management class, and get over yourselves!

Thanks for listening...:brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall:
    - - - Updated - - -
    Sorry, I forgot one :crazyeyes:

- 4x4 owners who can't park. 4x4's are great, I'm a big fan. But if you have one, please learn how to park it, and understand how big it is in relation to the space you are trying to squeeze it in to. Especially if there are loads of other spaces, and plenty of room say...10 meters away. AAAAARGH!

It's not been a good week, can you tell? :lol:

John Dickson, Ichiban and numpty67 like this.
  2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Ha ha, I think Room 101 needs to be a Tardis. Once we all start wading in, a normal room will never do!
    I'll add one if I may.
    The ill-mannered young woman in a 14 plate, white Astra (that just about explains why) who decided that when she's coming out of Aldi, the traffic on the main road has to give way. :brunette:= :Nuts:

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I get your pain ed ,driving standards very poor, IIRC there is a thread here of a similar nature it has some peach examples.

4. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've just had an exasperating 3hr trip and I'm going to add to your list:

- People who leave their fog lamps on all the time, if you need that much light during clear dusk then you shouldn't be driving.

- Those bloody E-Classes with rear LED brake lamps - wayyyy too bright, I was stuck behind one for a half hour and just wanted to smash it

- Drivers who don't physically turn around when they reverse and only rely on the rear view mirror (was really close to getting clipped, luckily I managed to swerve

- Drivers who drift from their lane on roundabouts - retards

Finally, drivers on rural roads with no markings who think that braking = car magically becoming narrower. NO, get closer to the kerb you halfwit.

FirstHonda likes this.
  5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Youngsters who drive with sidelights and fog lights on (instead of dipped beam) thinking they look cool or something.

6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Ha ha. You're starting to sound like a grumpy old man, just like me! :wheelchair:

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You can be older than Mickyb he the resident old man..JK

Nels likes this.
  8. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    BMW owners/drivers.

And that's me done.

FirstHonda likes this.
  9. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I've got another one.

When the roads are busy, other drivers who either a) enter a roundabout when their exit is blocked, and thus block the other exits and b) when it's busy deliberately go around a roundabout as fast as possible to prevent anybody else from moving.

:wheelchair::Rant:

10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Or drivers who jump a queue by making a cheeky dash to the front and then forcing their way back into the same lane :disagree:

11. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

A few years ago, one beautiful Summer day on the M1 coming out of London, my car share driver and I approached some roadworks where the lanes were reducing from three, to two, then to one.

A BMW convertible driver did exactly this, and tried to force his way in front of us right by the cones. We saw him come out of lane 2 a few cars back, then speed down the 100 or so empty yards of road, to then try and force his way in again.

Our window went down - the traffic was mainly stopped and inching forwards - and the conversation from my friend (not me, as it goes), driving (his car) went like this,

Us: "That's a nice BMW, is it new?"
    BMW: - after a short period of pretending he couldn't see us - 2 feet away - "Yes, it's new."
    Us: "Well, my car isn't new (it was a Vauxhall Omega MV6). It's a company car, and it's knackered. It's going back in a few weeks."
    BMW: - no response
    Us: "Anyway, it would be a shame for your nice, new BMW to get a mark or two. Because if you keep trying to pull in front of me I swear I'll take the front off it."
    BMW: - no response

Surprisingly, the BMW stopped at that point and didn't try to force his way in front of us...:lol:

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  12. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Where do I start?

Taxi drivers, not all of you so don't bite my head off.
    A few taxi's I come across regularly are right pricks and cutting in and pushing in on every occasion, does my head in.
    This morning had a big argument with one when he tried to cut in front of me (got in on video and might send it to his company)
    If I didn't have my daughter in a car I would knock him out for sure.

White van drivers (I drive one by the way daily)
    Again not all of you but why some white van driver thinks he drives a fastest vehicle on the road and always tailgate and have to be so close is beyond me.

I could go on but don't want to upset anyone on here.
    Rant over.

SpeedyGee likes this.
  13. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    These two are by far my biggest grievances on the roads lately.

With roundabouts in particular if there's no left turn, then I signal left to go straight on - why? Because then the cars waiting to join on the other side of the roundabout know they can go and that I'm not following it all the way around. Just good manners really.

For the second, I'm always in the left most lane that I can be so long as I cannot see any traffic coming up which is travelling slowly than I am. Many times I'm on the motorway on cruise control at 73mph (true 70mph according to GPS), I come around a bend and there's someone doing 60-65 in the middle lane. I either have to swing out two lanes or dare I say it, undertake. At least we now have laws covering middle-lane hogging, but I'm yet to hear of them being enforced.

14. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I may be turning into a really grumpy old man, but...

- Drivers who have no consideration for anybody else. Yes, I'm talking to you - the young lady who stopped on the one-way system to pick up your friends, children, and shopping blocking the road.

Saying sorry repeatedly when it takes you more than 5 minutes to load up (and BTW, what is the safe limit for the number of people in a Peugeot 306?) doesn't mean you ARE sorry. And if you hadn't done it in the first place, you'd have nothing to be sorry for!

Then trying to do a u-turn across 6 lanes of traffic..really? Not only are you putting yourself in danger, but your children AND other road users. Amazing what you see, and it is getting worse and worse :disagree::disagree::disagree:

There's never a police car around when you really want there to be...:brickwall:

Last edited: Wednesday 12th Nov, 2014
  15. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    I was stunned by the man who stopped on a zebra crossing, to light his cigarette! Took some time to light with it being windy, he could have waited 3 seconds to reach the path before lighting. :Rant:

16. Nels Moderator Staff Team

With the increased use of dash cams, wouldn't a statement and the recording be enough proof for the CPS to take these idiots to court?
    Does anyone know of this happening?

17. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I fully understand where you're coming from but it just moves us closer to "Big Brother" society. Today it can be used to take wreckless drivers to court, the next it can be used to prosecute speeders.

18. Nels Moderator Staff Team

A valid point @Chunkylover53.
    However, if used with some common sense, a knock at the door and a caution may be all that's need to deal with some of these people.
    We already have thousands and thousands of CCTV cameras recording us on the roads, town centres, shops, stations, buses. The list goes on. If we do nothing wrong then we shouldn't fear them. The odd additional dash cam recording could make our roads safer.

19. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That's a big IF. In an ideal world I would agree with you :Laughing:

20. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    People who get a beautiful car and don't treat her as she deserves. I saw this on a black EP3 at local tesco last week. Each rim was the same. Car look like it was washed about 2 years ago.

Attached Files: