Engine & Gearbox Rough Idle

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by cozezo, Tuesday 11th Dec, 2012.

1. cozezo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kent
    My '04 2.2 I-CDTI has started to idle roughly when I come to a halt. It doesn't do it all the time and when I rev it it clears and runs normally. Any ideas as to whats causing it guys?
    Cheers
    Kev

2. scottray Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ohio
    I would try replacing the fuel filter and run some Lucas fuel injector cleaner and go from there. This is usually caused by build up or dirt in the fuel system.

Ichiban likes this.
  3. cozezo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kent
    Thanks Scottray. That was my thoughts I already have a genuine Honda fuel filter waiting to be fiited. I'll let you know if it does the trick.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Keep us posted,apologies no one spotted this thread quicker as Scott has suggested the diesel filter would be the first port of call.

5. cozezo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kent
    Well I changed the diesel filter yesterday morning (pig of a job) and added a bottle of diesel cleaner to the tank and all seemed well again, drove around locally this morning, all still good. Sadly the old problem reared its ugly head again this evening, not as often as before so I guess I'm on the right track? Oh I cleaned MAF sensor as well.

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I'm not very good with diesels but have you checked/cleaned the EGR valve ?

7. cozezo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kent
    Not yet, but guess it won't hurt to.

8. tpires New Member Getting Started

Hi, I have an 7th Generation Accord, 2.2 ictdi, I believed that I had the same problem (Rough Idle and difficult to start and no fault code). After lots of troubleshooting I discovered that the 16902-RBD-G00 (SWITCH ASSY, WATER) from the fuel filter was cracked (see picture), let in air in the fuel system. After changing the SWITCH ASSY, WATER the idle its now normal.

I hope this can help. Thanks to all the members of this forum, that help me troubleshoot the problem.

16902RBDG00.JPG

Regards

Last edited: Thursday 19th Sep, 2013
    Ichiban likes this.
  9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thank you surprised no one has spotted this .. Looks like the mojo of our members has been evaporated.:Rolf:

Tpires could you please reinsert the image using this guide. http://hondakarma.com/posts/28085/

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014