Accord/8th Gen Royal Blue's 2009 Accord Tourer

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by royalblue, Monday 13th Jan, 2014.

1. royalblue Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi there all.

My name is Vince and this is my 2009 Tourer in Volcano Grey. I have only had it 1 week and it has already done 300 miles in my possession (it came with 120k miles, was a 1 owner fleet car with verified FHSH and has not been bashed)

I've already fitted 2 x Continentals on the front as the tyres it came with were right on the edge of being legit.

To do list
    - Honda rubber mats
    - spare wheel (will get 7th Generation 17" alloy)
    - fix driver's busted foglight (lamin-x both front fogs to give them some protection)
    - It has two dings that I will get sorted out sometime this week by a dent wizard in St Helens (note to self, bring digi camera for AOC)
    - It has a noisy clutch (should be okay for time being). Probably thrust bearings.
    - I will probably try to have a full fluid change done (car, not me)
    - Repair cracked driver's leather seat

I came from a VW Passat (2006 1.9Tdi) which was alright as I have been a long-time Audi/VW driver) but the B6 is too cheaply made and I got rid of it as it had too many minor issues. I even got into the VagCom/CanBus thingy and had to code the new ABS unit > ECU etc...fortunately, I'm okay on computers so saved a few pennies there.

I love this colour in a dark metallic grey. I will probably give it a really good clean and upload more clean pics later.

I am seriously impressed, it almost drives like a BMW...(I know what you guys are gonna say but I do uphold the BMW as the nicest cars to drive even though their build-quality has dropped of late).

That's all for for now - can't think of anything else.

Enjoy.

P1000734. P1000735.
    P1000736. P1000737.
    P1000738. P1000740.
    P1000739.

Last edited: Monday 13th Jan, 2014
    John Dickson and Ichiban like this.
  2. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome along nice looking tourer you have there

3. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello and welcome to AOC.
    Very nice looking tourer indeed.

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome aboard mate, nice looking Accord you got :Thumbup:

5. Neil Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Neil Newton Abbot
    Hello and welcome to AOC.
    I was thinking that's a smart looking plate then it dawned on me that you had probably Photoshopped it out.....:lol:

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Welcome to the club royalblue, I've always really liked the Volcano Gray 8ths.

I'm 5 minute from St. Helens (Kirkby), I've got a couple of dints to get sorted myself though in this case they require filling and respraying. If you've got any recommendations I'll gladly hear them, I was going to use a body shop on the industrial estate here.

7. royalblue Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

If I could afford a plate like that - then I would at least have an S-Type!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. The Volcano Grey is a very nice colour and I have been after a dark grey metallic car for a while.

My very good friend has his own ChipsAway franchise (he helped me source this Tourer). he rec this guy in St helens. Will take some piccies and upload when I have the guy fix the dents in my car.

Hard to take before/after shots...

Bty, thanks to you all for the nice, welcoming comments!

8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    No problem, I look forward to seeing the results.

9. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome to AOC royal blue. Nice tourer! :Niceone:

My last Accord was Volcano Grey saloon. It looks even better on the tourer though.

10. royalblue Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆