Accord/8th Gen Royal Blue's 2009 Accord Tourer

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by royalblue, Monday 13th Jan, 2014.

1. royalblue Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi there all.

My name is Vince and this is my 2009 Tourer in Volcano Grey. I have only had it 1 week and it has already done 300 miles in my possession (it came with 120k miles, was a 1 owner fleet car with verified FHSH and has not been bashed)

I've already fitted 2 x Continentals on the front as the tyres it came with were right on the edge of being legit.

To do list
    - Honda rubber mats
    - spare wheel (will get 7th Generation 17" alloy)
    - fix driver's busted foglight (lamin-x both front fogs to give them some protection)
    - It has two dings that I will get sorted out sometime this week by a dent wizard in St Helens (note to self, bring digi camera for AOC)
    - It has a noisy clutch (should be okay for time being). Probably thrust bearings.
    - I will probably try to have a full fluid change done (car, not me)
    - Repair cracked driver's leather seat

I came from a VW Passat (2006 1.9Tdi) which was alright as I have been a long-time Audi/VW driver) but the B6 is too cheaply made and I got rid of it as it had too many minor issues. I even got into the VagCom/CanBus thingy and had to code the new ABS unit > ECU etc...fortunately, I'm okay on computers so saved a few pennies there.

I love this colour in a dark metallic grey. I will probably give it a really good clean and upload more clean pics later.

I am seriously impressed, it almost drives like a BMW...(I know what you guys are gonna say but I do uphold the BMW as the nicest cars to drive even though their build-quality has dropped of late).

That's all for for now - can't think of anything else.

P1000734. P1000735.
    P1000736. P1000737.
    P1000738. P1000740.
    Last edited: Monday 13th Jan, 2014
    John Dickson and Ichiban like this.
  2. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome along nice looking tourer you have there
  3. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

Hello and welcome to AOC.
    Very nice looking tourer indeed.
  4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome aboard mate, nice looking Accord you got :Thumbup:
  5. Neil Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Neil Newton Abbot
    Hello and welcome to AOC.
    I was thinking that's a smart looking plate then it dawned on me that you had probably Photoshopped it out.....:lol:
  6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Welcome to the club royalblue, I've always really liked the Volcano Gray 8ths.

I'm 5 minute from St. Helens (Kirkby), I've got a couple of dints to get sorted myself though in this case they require filling and respraying. If you've got any recommendations I'll gladly hear them, I was going to use a body shop on the industrial estate here.
  7. royalblue Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

If I could afford a plate like that - then I would at least have an S-Type!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. The Volcano Grey is a very nice colour and I have been after a dark grey metallic car for a while.

My very good friend has his own ChipsAway franchise (he helped me source this Tourer). he rec this guy in St helens. Will take some piccies and upload when I have the guy fix the dents in my car.

Hard to take before/after shots...

Bty, thanks to you all for the nice, welcoming comments!
  8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    No problem, I look forward to seeing the results.
  9. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome to AOC royal blue. Nice tourer! :Niceone:

My last Accord was Volcano Grey saloon. It looks even better on the tourer though.
  10. royalblue Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆