Official Honda Rs 2500 Crore Investment at Rajasthan Plant

Discussion in 'News Feeds' started by Honda World News, Wednesday 3rd Apr, 2013.

1. Honda World News Auto-Generated News Feed

New Delhi, India - Honda Cars India Limited announced a new phase of growth for the company's business in the Indian car market.

More...

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I find it strange Honda wants to set up a plant in north of India the two neighbouring states to Delhi are notorious for labour unrest and strikes. Suzuki India has lost millions lost sales in labour union strikes and unrest and can see that changing for Honda. May be Honda have decided no unions from day one and is in their contracts..:Unknown:

What did catch my eye in press release was, this plant makes the engine and ships them to the Nodia plant.

The new diesel engine component production line with a manpower of 265 employees has just begun the mass production of the critical engine components for the i-DTEC engine manufacturing the cylinder head, cylinder block, crankshaft, connecting rod, clutch case and transmission assembly which are supplied to Greater Noida plant where Amaze is being manufactured.

In addition to fulfilling domestic market needs, it will also export transmission parts to the European market.

what happened to built in Britain ?:lol: funny as I have seen a few gearboxes pulled out and in bits on brand new 1.6 diesels with 1000 miles on them.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Why announce it in Crores ? That probably doesn;t mean much to any one.

2500 Crore = 250 million

Rs250 million = £3million

That's not that much really !

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Corers Indian subcontinental thing that ! 3 million hardly an investment is it pocket change, I reckon HH new dealership costed more than that!