Body, Paint & Styling Rust spots

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Tookers, Tuesday 4th Jun, 2013.

1. Tookers Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys,

Got a few questions around rust and paintwork on my Accord. I was looking to take the car to a paint shop to see if they can work out some scratches in the paint.
    When I've been checking the paint I noticed the following...

1. Two patches of rust on the drivers side door, around the bottom & side edges. Both patches are about 5cm in length and 1cm wide. It looks like the door has probably been banged against a wall and chipped the paint off.

2. A few rust spots at the front of the bonnet, mostly at the front edge. Spots are less than 1cm length & width and think they may have been caused by the salty winter.

Is there anything I can do to prevent the rust from spreading, cover up or repair if possible. If I can get the patches covered then can leave to the shop to treat and touch up etc.

Any advice / tips would be much appreciated.

cheers
    Gareth

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Gaz,

Aplogies no one has looked at your thread can you post some pictures of the damage please I and others can then advice you :Wink:

3. Tookers Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Mate sorry I haven't picked this up earlier so hasn't anyone else .. looks like everyone is more concerned about themselves.. I digress.

Can you please reinsert these images again following this guide http://hondakarma.com/posts/28085/

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014