Body, Paint & Styling Rust

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by StuH, Sunday 24th May, 2015.

1. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Stuart Lancashire
    My poor tourer is now really starting to suffer. It's a 2003, done 85k, been pampered for the last four and a bit years. I now have it coming through the rear arches, the tailgate is full of it and the top of the rear doors and starting to look in poor shape. Front half is fine, wonder if it's a tourer thing?

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Probably more to do with where it's spent it's life and how well it's been (or rather how badly it's been) maintained.

Ichiban likes this.
  3. tonygw Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Time to get it treated.
    You can keep on top of it if you act quickly.
    I recently removed the rear bumper on my tourer and the steel bump bar behind the bumper cover was really bad at the edges the steel had completely de-laminated in parts.
    But generally it was structuraly strong. So I removed the flakes and set to work covering everything in grease, not a total fix but does tend to stop rust for a while.
    The arches might be more difficult on yours as although not structural they are cosemtic and look bad if left.
    The doors are replaceable for a small cost and the so is the tailgate although if not to bad then rust treatment can stop it spreading.
    Cheers

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Lack of washing and clean the arches and hard to reach areas will kick start early rot.so its not a tourer thing as per say.

5. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Stuart Lancashire
    It's been bathed every week for the last four years and treated to very regular polishing. I'm not too fussed at the moment, the arch ones are the spot welds and don't seem to be spreading.