Bulletins & Advisories Safety Recall : Insight ZE2 Driver's airbag inflator can be over-pressurized

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2009)' started by Service News, Wednesday 16th Mar, 2016.

1. Service News Staff Managed Dealer Information

UK
    Honda has issued TSB#SQ-08-003-00 dated 30-3-16 for MY* 12 & 13 Cars

Symptom
    In case of driver front airbag deployment, the inflator body may rupture due to excessive internal pressure.it may cause inflator body metal fragments to pass
    through the airbag cushion material.

Cause
    Under investigation

Countermeasure
    In order to investigate the parts & as a preventative measure, driver's airbag inflator to be replaced with new inflators for all vehicles.

Application to Production Line
    Over 912 ZE2 sold in the period in the UK are affect for the definitive list please wait for your letter from Honda or speak to your dealer they will look up the spreadsheet with the VIN numbers affect under this recall.

Market Treatment
    Honda UK will call in the affected vehicles by mail inviting the owners to book an appointment with their preferred dealer to replace the inflator with a new kit.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    @Uriel you may want to look at this and all ZE2 owners

3. Garrydhu Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Billy Dor Carrigaline
    Got mine done,in USA it's classed as a recall, Honda are paying for rented replacement cars,here in Ireland ,one has to make sure you don't have an accident b4 it gets changed

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It's a Recall here too mate.

5. Garrydhu Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Billy Dor Carrigaline
    Not here,as Honda didn't contact me,I found out online, contacted Honda Ireland, at first they said they new nothing about it,I insisted, they got on to Japan,6 weeks later,plus several emails,finally they agreed to order/and do the work, and in the States ,up to recent months, some ppl had to hassle/Harry their local Honda garages to acknowledge that work had the be done
    - - - Updated - - -