Tools Safety Wire Twister Lock Pliers

Discussion in 'Tools & Equipment' started by Ichiban, Friday 6th Feb, 2015.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Is there anyone on here who has used this tool and can educate me how to use properly .I want to safety wire a few bolts on my bike and throttle grips. I have seen too many youtube clips and basically they contradict each other.

So how to safely drill holes in bolts how to use the tool, best practice in wiring and doing it neatly and lastly want to buy a tool which will stand the test of time.

Recommendations and suggestion will greatly appreciated.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Drilling bolts sounds a bit drastic. Can you get pre-drilled bolts ?

Or can you use locking washnuts or locknuts etc instead

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yeah you can get pre drill ones, safety wire is more reliable mate the vibration on a bike can loosen bolts.

SpeedyGee likes this.
  4. PhillipM Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Phillip Rotherham
    Just stick Nord Loc's under the bolt heads, can't remember the last time I used safety wire, long time back, modern locktite and nord-lock type washers are pretty capable, in fact Nord-locks will stretch most bolts that are 12.9 and under before they let them come loose. Locking wire still on aluminium or super duplex, etc for critical stuff where the fastener either fatigues or is made from such hard stuff lock washers won't function mind, but there's not much of that on a bike.