Show Us Your Car Saloon gen 1 in Practical classics

Discussion in '1st Generation (1976-1981)' started by accordheritage, Saturday 1st Mar, 2014.

1. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England York
    Accord magazine 2. Accord magazine 1. Accord magazine 3. It's good that the gen 1 has got some much needed attention in this magazine. the previous owner was the one who got it in the mag, though it was mine when the mag came out. Enjoy these pics

Last edited: Saturday 1st Mar, 2014
  2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
  3. monkeyboy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

harlow
    yes about time the accord got recondition , very much overlooked car with the motoring journals , good on practical classics for its unbiased description of the car , though missed a few pointers , car of the year 1979 with autotest 4 year comprehensive road test , and the guardian, top ten all time cars in track and road magazine, its services reminder on the dash ,
    standard luxury ex models with chunky chrome electric windows / vinyl moon roof , and direct fluid to power steering rack offering a unique steering feel, ,
    say the accord was more related to Mercedes than than any of the popluar British models !

Ichiban likes this.
  4. monkeyboy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

harlow
    SAM_0191.JPG my daily ex model still performing well on the roads today

DeviateDefiant and AccordCU2 like this.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Its always been ahead of its time, compare it to a Ford Capri the electronic were far superior to it not mention the craftsmanship was superior to the German built Ford.

Good to hear the market prices of a 1979 car mines a 77 :Happy:

6. monkeyboy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

harlow
    the previous owner of my 1st Generation accord part exchanged his ford capri for the accord as wanted a new puncher 5 speed gearbox option for towing on holidays

7. monkeyboy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

harlow
    is that right 2 speed honda matic lucky me my one has 3, low, star, then o/d, great torque converter when driven manually for getting out those sticky juctions :Smile:

8. Phil P Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Phil Kent
    Scotty

Ever since you posted your 1st Generation Accord in the garage I have been looking for photos of our old Toyota Cressida, which I commented on at the time as being rather similar. Just found these.

img011.

Phil