ICE & HFT Sat Nav DVD Disc Error

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Ichiban, Tuesday 15th Nov, 2011.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The Symptoms

This issue is normally encountered on these three occasions.

1) when the NAVI system has returned back from alpine from repairs.
    2) Complete new replacement system.
    3) Owners using pirate DVD copies and want to return back to their older genuine working DVD.

The Cause

Every time a higher DVD version disc is inserted the firmware levels of the NAVI system automatically updated to reflect the new changes and bug fixes. When you inset the older disc the firmware mismatch throws up the error message

"Currently, A disc has been inserted which is older than the downloaded program. Please check disc version."

So to fix this issue enter in the diagnostic menu of the NAVI system,the procedure are slightly different for cars with and without voice recognition and HFT

The procedure for all cars without voice recognition and HFT.

Start the Engine.

To enter into the diagnostic menu Push MENU and ZOOM DOWN switch at the same time for 2 seconds.
    • Screen turns to "system link" page with "Pi.Pi.pong" sound.
    • Press "next" switch (Turns to car status page)
    • Press "next" switch (Turns to yaw rate page)
    • Press "next" switch (Turns to diagnosis menu page)
    • Select "Unit check"
    • Select "Force down load"
    The system will then start to re-load the old software from the old disc.

When finished re-loading, the display will start from Honda earth page as on boot up.

The procedure for all cars with voice recognition and HFT.

Start the Engine.

To enter into the diagnostic menu Press and hold down MAP, MENU and CANCEL buttons for 5 seconds.

• Screen will then enter diagnostic menu.
    • Select "version" from this screen.
    • Select "download"system will then start to re-load the old software from the old disc.
    When finished re-loading, the display will start from Honda earth page as on boot up.

That completes the change.

naslam968 likes this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    few changes made to the process.:Wink:

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just an update this procedure work for the 8th Generation Accord too, follow the instruction for cars with voice recognition and HFT.

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    CJ, shouldn't this be a sticky. I had trouble finding it when I looked for it on someone elses behalf.

Denny26355 likes this.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Sticky made..been sleeping all this time.

6. gaf New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom abbey leicester
    I think it is too expensive to spend £200 to repair sat nav
    Showing "disc error". I might buy tom tom but I have not lost hope and open for any suggestions or recommendations. Please help

7. naslam968 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

London
    My Friend 2007 CTDi Manual was showing error in Jan 2016 with Disc version 3.23. When disc came out it had scratches in circle.
    I went to Pakistan in Feb 2016 so I took the unit with me and had it repaired from there for Rs 5000 which is approximately £35.00. When I came back I installed the unit but still same error, then occurred to me DVD is faulty with deep scratches on them, left the unit aside until Yesterday, I bought 2 DVD's Genuine Honda version 3.41 from eBay so installed the unit again with v 3.41 DVD and voila navigation is working now. So for £70.00 it's not bad.
    I was advised by the technician in Pakistan that mechanism was faulty and they sourced the mechanism them self, with all the wait and trial & error we got there in the end.
    I am suggesting your DVD may have same fault. Just wanted to share.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Also wanted to share that I have followed the procedure (cars with voice recognition and HFT) to downgrade software with success and now 3.41 is running in my car with no issue. Thats my second which is 2006 2.4 Auto with ADAS Navigation , premium sound and 17" Alloy

legend-ary likes this.