ICE & HFT Sat Nav DVD How long before its updated ?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by StuH, Monday 7th Oct, 2013.

1. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Stuart Lancashire
    How long does it usually take to download an update disc for the sat nav?

2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Re: DVD download time?

If i remember correctly it takes about five minutes.Might be less but think its around 5 mins.
    I only done in it in July but can't recall exactly how long it took(showing sign of my age now):lol:

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Re: DVD download time?

make sure your car is running when the update is happening .. need to change the title of this thread!

4. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

What's the reason for the engine needing to be running?

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  6. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

well my only hope is that it comes back to life on its own coz I've done everything by the book and can't get past the 'please do not turn your engine off' screen. I've virtually rebuilt the DVD drive with new parts.

7. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

Last throw of the dice time; I bought a dvd-rom of ebay that the owner said worked fine until recently when he got the dvd read error message. So as I'd just put a new laser in mine without any luck I splashed out £40 on that and swapped the dvd transport. Guess what...worked first time, no power drop problems, new software straight in. I had to reset the ram using the diagnostic menu but once that was done I was away except....the dam disclaimer screen takes an age to show the 'okay' button, I'm talking 10 minutes. Before my last one packed up it was almost instant. I could force download the previous software and see if that's the same but I'd like to stick with the updated maps. Anyone had this problem or know a solution?

8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Usually that means it's still struggling to read the dvd.

9. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

I've downloaded the old software (v2.07) and that's fine so it's the software. I just stick with the older version, I'm just pleased to finally have a fully functioning sat nav! No more power drops, no faffing with key positions, it's all working perfectly. At last.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    downloaded means copied DVD? it will burn your laser out Stu .

11. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

No, I've not downloaded any software, I mead downloaded back into the sat nav, all my software is original.

Asked my mate who has about 30 years in electrical engineering, mainly audio and visual about the laser. He says it's extremely rare for a laser to burn and it can only really happen when it's been exposed to over-voltage or manufacturing error. He says it's far more likely that the supporting hardware such as capacitors fail and that causes the problem.

12. keyman Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Brian Norfolk
    Have just up-dated my 2008 Tourer with 2012/13 Disc,this took approx.
    five minutes to download,pity no speed camera alerts yet.

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Sorry to disappoint but Honda Sat nav don't have speed camera alerts.