Engine & Gearbox Sat Nav question how to revert to an older DVD version?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by dennismate, Friday 30th Nov, 2012.

1. dennismate Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Epsom
    I'm trading in my 2008 8th Generation 2.0 EX for 2011 8th Generation 2.0 EX. Earlier this year I purchased the genuine Sat Nav disk from Honda (ver 3.60) and installed it in my Accord, the new car has the 2009 version of the disk so I was hoping to swap disks when handover day comes around, now I know that you can install a newer disk, no problem, but obvisously I need to leave my old car with a working sat nav, will the older disk work in the car that has been using the newer disk for the last 6 months or am I going to have to purchase another updated version?

2. Moniker Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Re: Sat Nav question

Hi,
    I asked the same question at the garage when I picked mine up (only because my mate has an updated disk) and apparently the disk isn't linked to the car in any way.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham

Yes you can swap them around.

In the car your putting the older disk in you will need to follow the down grade procedure. Search the forum you'll find it on here.

4. dennismate Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Epsom

Thanks SppedyGee, I did the search before I posted using all the keywords I could think off and couldn't find the answer

5. nargordon Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sat Nav question

Put the older disk in the DVD then :

Start the car, and at the disclaimer screen press and hold the three buttons (MAP/GUIDE, MENU, and CANCEL), and keep them pressed for about 3 seconds. Then scroll through menus should be an option referring to uploading.

I had the same dilemma when changed my Civic to an accord. The dealer told me it couldn't be done but luckily I found something on the Internet in the nick of time.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    just seen this thread have a look at this http://hondakarma.com/threads/109/
    Same principle for the 8th Generation

Normally people don't downgrade DVD but you have raised a valid question if you want to retain your newer dvd.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014