ICE & HFT Sat nav traffic event feature

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by impne, Tuesday 6th Jan, 2015.

1. impne Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mine has stopped working but everything else including nav is fine.
    Thoughs were at first have Honda turned this feature off as stopped selling accord :Smile:
    Haven't got time to pop to dealer so phoned and they emailed me instructions for set up menu to check signal strength.
    Supposed to be between 7 & 15, mine is 6.
    I'm using same roads as always so seems odd.
    They have said they'll need to see the car.
    Anyone had this themselves and know if I can fiddle with something to get the signal up a bit as I take it that's whats causing the problem
    Thanks

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hey man

I would speak to traffic master first to see if they have a TMC outage on FM frequencies first mate. I take it you have seen this thread In-Depth - Honda Satellite Navigation: TMC Troubleshooting

if you are in the sticks or heavily built up area then the reception will be poor. I would not be the system in your car that will be fine its TMC which is not responding.

3. impne Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers bud
    I did search but think phone is playing up, missed this.
    I'm in same area I always use never had issues in the last 7 years or so and neither in this car.
    I'll check sites.
    Didn't know if they used mobile phone masts to transmit, we've been disconnecting loads lately so wondered if that had something to do with it

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    There you go if you haven't had an issue in the past then they have taken down a few masts in that area for maintenance. They use mobile as well as radio RDS mate.

5. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Only place mine ever worked was in France! Never worked anywhere in the UK always stays red.

6. impne Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

We're disconnecting power permanently to quite a few cell sites mainly two operators so chances are signal won't be getting any better soon :-(

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Does your radio work well i.e. no crackling reception and its crystal clear.

8. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeah radio seems ok the tmc module is under the boot floor it's not a problem to me I rarely use the sat nav over here.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That something I have learnt today where?

10. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

On the tourer, there's a panel that's between the bottom of the back seats and the pull up part of the boot floor she's under there with a wire going to the side window for the aerial(s). From what I remember when I looked a few years ago there's a few parts such as:

FEEDER ASSY., RDS
    MODULE UNIT, MAIN ANTENNA (Item 5)
    MODULE UNIT, SUB ANTENNA (Item 7)
    B__1600.

I'm going to go with 1 antenna is for the radio and 1 for the TMC hence why my radio works ok but my TMC doesn't if I unplug that box under the floor my signal strength for TMC drops. Oh and I'm 99% one is on the left window (item 7) and the other is on the right window (item 5).

Ideally it wants plugging into a HDS as that's probably the only thing that will be able to diagnose anything.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Mate those are not for TMC they are Window Antenna Coils(B) which basically a booster. That is why all new Honda's now have gone back to the traditional old fashioned antenna on the roof. The 8th Generation was the last of these cars to have them and they are a nuisance TBH
    B is the Coil.PNG
    These glass rear quarter glass has the antenna wires embedded into the glass and they with time fail.

12. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Oh well I was only guessing anyway :Smile:

Ichiban likes this.
  13. Nelf Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Neil Sheffield
    Funnily enough, mine also stopped working yesterday (or at least I noticed it wasn't working yesterday and I must have used it withing the last week or so) , haven't checked it today. I will later