ICE & HFT Sat Nav troubles

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by wyllium, Sunday 20th Jan, 2013.

1. wyllium Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I am a new bod on the block.
    Recently acquired a 2005 2.4 Exec.
    Sat Nav not working properly. DVD drive sent to DTronics who changed the laser read head and stated that it checked out OK.
    My problem is that the touch screen does not want to work. Selecting Menu and down arrow brings up the diagnostic info, but when the Next button is pressed nothing happens, same if you press the Enter button.

Any suggestions anybody.

2. Ezeetrucker Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Baz Lincolnshire
    Welcome to the AOC buddy.

Sorry got no suggestions to help, but if it's going to cost serious money to repair, you might be better off buying a stand alone unit.
    Take a look here, http://hondakarma.com/threads/3950/ Most members are not over impressed with the honda sat nav anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    AOC Iphone app can't see pictures

I won't say it rubbish!! :Angry: How many of Accord owners have actually read the Sat nav booklet? come one honestly answer the question!

As with all things it has its pro and cons and you have to live with what you have given. I have used the Honda factory sat nav since 2004 and using it for so long I know who to interpret its messages and don't have issues following it commands and using the spilt screen instructions it helps a lot. Tha majority of owners have it one once screen from the top!

It is ONLY rubbish when you compare it to other sat navs which have better features and people dismiss the factory sat nav just beacuse it cannot do what the others do, so people stop using it.

Give it chance and manage your perception by using it if you have already dismissed it on the first instance and impression then what chance does it have?. Then there is the fact of the Honda owners don't upgrade their sat nav disc either so who can it give you accurate information?

Honda Sat nav is not rubbish nor it is a superb solution but its effective for the task its does.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi and welcome to AOC when DTronics replaced the laser was the touch screen working then? what version of sat nav DVD are you running?

5. Ezeetrucker Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Baz Lincolnshire
    For the record, I was not, and am not saying honda sat navs are rubbish, my ES came without so I can't comment for or against.
    I was just pointing a new member to a thread that I thought might be of interest to him.

Ichiban likes this.
  6. wyllium Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I could get the diagnostics screen by pressing Menu and down arrow, but pressing next on the screen had no effect.
    DTronics said that my honda disc was corrupt so bought a v2.11 copy. This appears to be read OK and a software loading screen come up and does a full load. then screen goes blank and 30-40secs later it starts to load again. At the moment when I start the engine I get the language select screen,but pressing English UK has no effect.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    when DTronics replaced the laser was the touch screen working then?

8. wyllium Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

As far as I can tell the touch screen has not worked at all. I had put this down to the software not loading. Maybe the touch screen driver is on the display board. An eprom or similar. Like a normal computer Bios Rom.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    So how come DTRonic didn't fix this issue when they had it? I would have thought as part of their service a full unit diagnostics would have been done to unit? I would have picked that up.

However try this as power reset three times will reset it back to factory default.
    http://hondakarma.com/threads/696/

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  10. wyllium Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I will try this reset thing tomorrow. My car is in the driveway and we are in blizzard conditions at this time.

11. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    You say you bought a v2.11 copy. What do you mean by this ?
    If it's not an original Honda disc it's not unsurprising that it doesn't work. Using a copy rarely works and it can damage even a new laser.

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Any luck in resetting the sat nav?

13. wyllium Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

No luck yet, but have managed to source a genuine Honda disc which should be with me in the start of next week.
    Will keep in touch as to outcome.

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good stuff!!