ICE & HFT Sat Nav updates AN Navigation HDD V.3 Factory navigation

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by 155695, Monday 31st Aug, 2015.

1. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Just thinking ahead and I was wondering how you go about obtaining map updates for the 4th Generation CR-V. The manual states that updated maps are "made available for purchase, usually in the fall of each year" (a suspiciously American turn of phrase) and to contact your dealer.

Does this apply to the UK and/or is there any other way of obtaining map updates.

I've had a look on here but can't find any specific mention of how to go about it and and of course, as usual, all the references on the Web relate to the USA.

Thanks

Keith

2. Davec Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Dave Chippenham
    The dealers will supply it, but be prepared to fork out £160+.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi @155695 what you have in your CR-V is a Type " AN Navigation HDD V.3 Factory navigation system" It is updated via a DVD, have a look at this thread Bulletins & Advisories - Complete Honda Sat Nav Update List and Compatibility Table

There have been new updates recently been announced and they have sizeable improvements to be made across the board on map updates according the Honda release notes. I changed the title thread for better searchability so this thread is not lost in the sea of other sat nav threads and discussions.

I will shortly post a new thread with new Map Update Compatibility Table for all Honda with release notes , version and when then next updates are foretasted.

See attached process in how to update your type of sat navs, if you got any more questions just ask fella.

Attached Files:

4. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Both

Thanks for that - as helpful and comprehensive as always. Looks like a trip to the dealer in due course then.

Keith

5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Keith,

Given the cost, personally I wouldn't rush into getting a map update unless you are finding lots of changes around where you live. I never updated the disc in my 2012 Accord, and it was still 99% accurate when I sold the car in 2015. AND I was travelling all over the country and using the navigation for pretty much every journey.

Even the disc in my 2004 MINI Cooper - which I updated in 2008 as it was free - is still 80-90% accurate I'd say, around here anyway - I guess it is region specific.

6. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Ed, thanks and I don't intend to change anything in the near future. I entirely agree with your comments and they mirror my experience. My Tom Tom has 2 or 3 updates a year, downloaded from the net for about £40 a year, however, when I had the Yeti, although my car didn't have a sat nav, those with it had all sorts of problems updating them, so I thought I'd ask the question just in case.

Keith

FirstHonda likes this.
  7. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Resurrecting the above thread as when I got in the car today and switched on a notice flashed up on the infotainment system telling me that an update was available for my sat nav and to either contact the dealer or go to a website. The message only appeared very briefly and I didn't catch site of the web address. When I got in again a couple of hours later to come home the message didn't appear.

Anyone had this message or knows which website was referred to. Given the recent debacle with Honda UK regarding the towbar issues, I can't be bothered to visit their website/contact them again.

Thanks in anticipation.

Keith

8. BEA Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom BEA London
  9. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    BEA, thanks for that but I don't think it applies to my system which is the SD version.

I have since found a couple of YouTube demos (American of course) which apply to the SD and it appears you have to buy an updated SD card which has to replace the existing one and is located behind a small blanking plate at the top and to the right, of the screen surround. There are then additional steps to go through via the sat nav to complete the update.

Keith

10. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Apologies for resurrecting this post but I thought I'd ask HH for a view on updating the SD satnav. Needless to say the UK approach is different to the straightforward US one. Apparently the UK updates come on a CD which is inserted in the disc drive on the car and then the on-screen instructions are followed to transfer the update from the disc to the SD card in the unit.

The CD is circa £170 (HH would knock something off that) but the chap at HH said I should wait if I wanted to update my unit as there is another one being released in April.

The SD unit appears to be fairly uncommon.

Keih