ICE & HFT Sat Nav Updates

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by jjbennett, Sunday 15th Mar, 2015.

1. jjbennett Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

jjbennett manchester uk
    is there any other way of getting the updated maps without spending £170?

Can you use a copied disc?

2. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I think there's a risk of damaging the unit when using copies. I was thinking about upgrading mine but changed my mind. For the rare occasion when it can't find somewhere I'll just use my phone. I have a spare Vodafone smart phone in my car on payg for emergencies so if my main EE phone hasn't got coverage this other one provides an extra chance! Lol

3. jjbennett Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

jjbennett manchester uk
    yeah i feared as much, i use mine quite a bit and it can be frustrating that it sometimes takes me round the houses cos a new street has been put in place.

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

It's worth keeping an eye on here as members sell previous versions when the upgrade.
    Ebay also has used, genuine ones. Don't get copies. they really aren't worth it.

5. jjbennett Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

jjbennett manchester uk
    i will keep my eye out. £170 is ludicrous!

6. Nottstourer Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Anybody know when the next update is or won't there be one as the Accord is discontinued?

7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I am sure there will be updates for some time to come.

You can sign-up for Map Update Alerts directly from Navteq

8. Nottstourer Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Nels
    Thought I'd signed up for updates a couple of years ago so don't know what happened there! Looks like an update was released recently so I'll go for that next month. If any of the regular helpers on here wants my old disc please let me know, it's still got the original in from when the car was new (58 reg) so maybe not much use?
    I'll gladly give it away and post free of charge.

9. Nels Moderator Staff Team

When you get to 'Club Member' rank, which won't be long, just pop it in the Marketplace section.

10. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Just enquired about an update disc for the FR-V, asking when version 2.11 was last updated. Turns out it was Q4 of 2009 :shock: 6 years ago, so I'll be leaving that then lol

11. Jape Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Jape Reigate
    That cofirms with info I was told by one Honda dealer. 2.11 has 2009 maps. Bit of a rip-off when still being sold for £170 with out of date maps. Other Dealers selling that disk claim they don't know the map date - but sure know the price ok

12. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Bones126 likes this.
  13. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    That's correct, non voice are £145, still expensive for a 6 year old map though lol
    TOMTOM Europe app is £50 now and UK and Ireland £30, free updates and speed cameras. I have this on my phone a works perfectly making the satnav in the car redundant really.

14. alexandru.mateescu Banned Getting Started

Ireland alexandru dublin
  15. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  16. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Your telling people to download illegal copies !

We don't accept illegal activity on this site.

17. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    :hunter::hunter::hunter::hunter::Whoosh::HobbyHorse::HobbyHorse::HobbyHorse::hunter::hunter::hunter::toarms::toarms::toarms::toarms::toarms::focus::Violin:

Nels likes this.