ICE & HFT sat nav

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by easyshare450, Saturday 15th Jun, 2013.

1. easyshare450 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi just looking at ebay sat nav disc v3.60 for £7 do they work !! ken
  2. dennismate Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

There has been a lot on this forum about cheap sat nav discs off ebay, my own advice would be to give them a miss, they can knacker the DVD reader
  3. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

They wear the laser out Ken, don't bother.
  4. Ray Ambrose Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Ray Cambridge
    I can vouch for that. I bought one of the "disks" and at first it worked well, then intermittent, then started failing. I realised then that the system was trying to read the disk as it was going along and then giving up. Took about three months before the trouble started. I decided to try and reinstall the old disk, but the system wouldn't do a downgrade, so I had to buy the latest Honda satnav disk, and fortunatly everything was back to normal. Had I waited longer I'm sure the laser would have worn out...
  5. easyshare450 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thanks for the reply s looked up a bit my self bells started goin off only £7 against ed £150 never mind worth a look
  6. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I'm also wondering about upgrading the SatNav as it doesn't seem to find a lot of postcodes these days - we aren't even talking new builds either. Fortunately the Note 2 is a good backup but annoying when I've got SatNav built in. Would the latest disc have all the latest postcodes etc?
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Latest post codes on the UK disc used to be really poor but they have improved with the latest DVD revisions. The reality is postcodes are being churned out too rapidly and with DVD once in two quarters it can't keep up with it.

Tom Tom and other can as you have the facility to update it on your computers.

What I would like to see in the future on the fly updates using our mobile phones for internet updates. Everyone now has a mobile phone with a reliable internet connection. It only updates the system when the file is downloaded and a checksum is done to verify the update is downloaded.

Then a simple pop up to the owner via the i-MID don't turn off the engine update in progress.
  8. tomwillie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

England Tom Royston
    2013 Sat Nav DVD V3.70 Western Europe for £30 plus £3 p & p from My Sat Nav Updates works well & has good reviews on Piston Heads. If a DVD reads correctly I cannot see how it can wear out the laser. Installation required manual download from the service menu which was accessed by holding down at same time the MAP, MENU & BACK buttons. Navigation is as seamless as original DVD V3.3 that came with the car. If any problems I'll report back. Lasers can get dirty & need to be cleaned by using DVD/CD with little brushes on.

That said I usually use my Garmin Nuvi 760T, as that has safety camera database on it, in front of car Sat Nav screen & always check & amend as necessary the route given by Sat Navs as both Garmin & car Sat Nav occasionally give poor/illogical routes.