ICE & HFT Satnav back-up copy

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by bobbybliss, Thursday 25th Oct, 2012.

1. bobbybliss Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Netherlands Rob Heerhugowaard
    Hi Guys,

Until recently it was absolutely impossible to create a back-up copy of your official Honda Navigation DVD. This had something to do with the official dual layer DVD's pressed in PTP mode (paralel track path), whereas any dual layer DVD-R disc can only be written in OTP mode (oposite track path). The navigation unit first checks whether the disc is a PTP disc. If not, the disc cannot be read. The only way to copy the disc is through an industrial DVD press. Impossible.

Now it seems that the new firmware of the 2011-2012 map (3.60) has somehow removed the PTP-check and accepts back-up discs. I currently have map version 3.60 in my 8th Generation Accord running from a back-up disc.

Good luck in creating your own back-up disc!

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Excellent news I have two car with sat nav I can just make a copy for the second car. I can just get away with buying one new one.

Mind you after seeing this thread navteq may plug the hole on future releases :Whistle:

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I assume that the 2011-2012 map (3.60) will not run on the gen 7 Sat Navs ?

It's highly unlikely it will but just on the off chance I thought I ask anyway
    :Sobbing:

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    yes they will run on a 7th Generation mate there is one DVD for all voice activated Honda's keep its all simple.

5. G12 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Penryn
    Anyone know when the next release is? I'm due an update but when I get one I want it to be the very latest edition and not one that's about to be superseded.

6. bobbybliss Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Netherlands Rob Heerhugowaard
    It's all over the web mate

http://www.google.com/search?q=honda+navigation+3.60

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Navteq are very tight lipped about the release dates , but you get two DVDs in a year and I personally won't see another one before 2013 March.

Just keeping checking their site and I will update the information as soon as I get wind of it.

CampaignLanding_Honda_V2

8. davemazo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

When I bought my 2006 tourer it was 6 months old and I managed to copy my Nav disc without any problems (think it was version 3.02, but not sure)

CJ, is there no truth in the stories that a copied disc will burn out the laser in the DVD drive