ICE & HFT SATNAV routing.

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Smokingman, Thursday 28th Apr, 2016.

1. Smokingman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Lincoln
    Hi
    Tried to find out if there is a way to avoid ferry's (similar to avoid motorways)in the routing option. When coming from the south to Hawkshead in Cumbria my satnav always seems to want to go via the ferry from Windermere. The only way I can think of round this is to set a way-point away from Windermere. Or as I normally do when near to destination in a situation like this, is follow the road signs and satnav will update route.

Just need to fathom out the voice commands now as well.

John

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    How old is the DVD matey? May be the recent one have fixed this but you won't know until you buy it. Have you got the Owners manual there are pages and pages of voice commands. However they are painfully slow the lag in saying the command and it executing it is poor.

3. Smokingman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Lincoln
    Hi @Ichiban
    My current DVD is original of 2008/9 vintage, I have used a copied DVD of 2015 and it is the same. But I keep the original DVD in the drive due to potential problems with copied disks. Yes I have the owners manuals just not got around to using voice commands yet, don't see much call for them or am i missing something?

John

4. John Hamer Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Waltham Abbey
    You are missing the opportunity to shout back her, and if like me you have regional accent she don't know what you saying anyway. LOL

5. julekasMobilek Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Lithuania Julius Vilnius
    Guys can you help me? it is possible to turn off the narrator, every time when i select some menu options, or hover over some menu option i.e. list of AUX flash drive song list:
    1. linkin park - shadow of the day
    2. ten walls - walking the elephants
    3. etc.. , when i hover over these, Accords women says: linkin park - shadow of the day. Its kinda like a narrator, and i like to turn that off.

Another question is it possible to turn off (or mute) that women when guiding the route in navigation, i would rather look into the screen, not hearing "next turn ahead" or "turn left" etc. :Smile:

6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Within settings, there should be a volume option. Just turn it down from there.

Not sure about the narrator issue.

7. julekasMobilek Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Lithuania Julius Vilnius
    Narrator issue i have manage to solve, just in the settings menu turn off a "interface dial feedback". It has three options - ON, AUTO and OFF
    on - say everything in voice every menu option
    auto - say only when car is moving every menu option
    off - turn narration of every menu option off.
    - - - Updated - - -
    upload_2016-5-30_8-35-52.

Nels likes this.