ICE & HFT Satnav Versions - To update disc/maps

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Heckler, Sunday 19th Jul, 2015.

1. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Could you lovely people help identify which version satnav I have, and which versions of navigation discs I need to update it to the most recent compatible maps.

Hope these pics provide the correct info needed... I can always get more if you let me know which pages you need to see and if they're under settings on in the diags menus.

I know that when I upgraded the maps in the old Mondeo, I had to do a firmware update to the unit before the new maps would work... Will I need anything like that?

Cheers

IMGP0302.JPG IMGP0306.JPG

2. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Will this one work in my unit?

With maps that are so old and out of date, the satnav is kinda redundant and useless at the moment... I'd rather buy an original than look for alternatives... But without knowing which ones will work... I'm unable to consider buying anything.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I'm not sure about the Sat Navs versions on the CR-V.

Can anyone else please help answer @Hecklers query.

4. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I don't have a CR-V @SpeedyGee :Smile: Just an Accord Tourer Exec, 2005 on a 54 plate.

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Haha sorry mate !! :blush:

Must have been thinking of someone else totally !

54 plate so it's pre-facelift ? I would think your sat nav would take version 2 discs not version 3.

6. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I don't want to purchase a disc that's not going to work... so I'll be looking to erm... acquire and evaluation version of some maps to test out first. :Smile:

Of course if there's anyone in the East Northants area, North Bedfordshire or Milton Keynes areas that has the same system... and wouldn't mind me popping over to test a disc in mine, that would be a big help too.

I'll also give honda a call and see what they say is the newest version that will work... Who knows, there may be a firmware update to the system that allows newer versions to work... I did that on ym old Mondeo and went from 2005-2006 map dvd to a 2011-2012 one after a firmware upgrade.

7. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

@SpeedyGee do the version numbers work like I think they do? Version 2.05 is 2005 maps... 2.06 is 2006 and so forth and so forth. The latest V2 maps I have found on ebay are V2.10, but they want £75 plus £5 P&P... which is a complete rip off if you ask me.

8. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Yep, anything starting with a major version 2 will work.

Eject the disc in the Sat Nav you have at the moment and double check that it is a black version 2 one before you order.

Be careful of some places selling copied discs and not originals. Copied discs tend to cause the laser to burn out.

10. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I have a black and silver disc with v2/05 on it.

I did a check on the website to see if it was safe/scam and it came back unknown... web domain is only 245 days old and the owner uses an anonymity service to conceal their identity, and although it says they're based in the UK... country of origin was reported as unknown.

All of that makes me curious.... you can pay by paypal, so if I do use them I'll pay that way and if it's a fake, I'll report it to trading standards and the police and get paypal to recover the funds.

11. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Decided to take a chance on the updated map disc... will see if it's real as claimed or a knock off when if/it arrives... If it's a fake, I'll be onto paypal for a refund sharpish and will notify police and trading stands of the scam... should make it easier for the paypal dispute if I have a police reference number to go with the dispute.

At least they won't be getting any credit/debit card details from me... just a postal address.

FirstHonda likes this.
  12. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Had an email lunchtime to say that the order had been dispatched... So at least they keep you informed.

Will update this thread when it arrives and state if it's real or knock off.

13. John Hamer Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Waltham Abbey
    Hope yours is good, I tried 2 differing firms both failed to work but to be fair they refunded the money no argument.

14. foxleys Premium Member Club Supporter

England Jersey
    Just for info., when I bought my Accord about 3 years ago it had a non Honda DVD in the drive.

It caused all sorts of problems (this is the 1st car I owned with built in Sat Nav & I did not know about things like this & did not check) but as soon as I bought a 2013 original from HH (V3.7 I think but need to check) touch wood it has been perfect/no problems at all.

The next version is due in 4 to 6 months, so I am going to hold fire and get one of these.

BTW, does your car have voice control? As I believe the non voice won't be getting a new version. But I may be wrong!

15. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

@foxleys I don't have voice control, and it takes V2 map discs, and the newest ones I can find are 2011-2012. I can supplement that with my phone/tablet if needed. Just bought a new phone and the maps/navigation on it are nice and quick... my tablet and old phone were a few years old and just too slow to work efficiently... Single core processors are no match for 4 core. :Smile:

16. foxleys Premium Member Club Supporter

England Jersey
    To be open and blunt, I bought a Garmin sat nav, which came with free map updates for life about 5 years ago.

This is a great stand alone sat nav and back up as I travel a bit and when I hire a car, it is unbeatable & cheaper then any built in unit!

17. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I have a tomtom 910, but I bought that back in 2007, updated the maps in 2010... but it's lacking in features and tomtom updatesare more expensive than buying a new unit at around £70-80... and unless you pay to keep them updated every quarter you end up paying through the nose.

The built in one is fine for most things, and I have my phone for the rest of the time.... I just don't like having stuff stuck to the windscreen and if I can avoid it I do. I have one of those vent mounts for the tablet... works well and you can take it off and keep it in the glovebox until needed... keeps the dash and windscreen clean and free from clutter.

foxleys likes this.
  18. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I think that will be a copy. The advert would say 'genuine' if was legit.

19. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Well it arrived today, and it's a knock off... but it does work. System updated fine and the map reads fine... I'll be seeing about getting a refund.

20. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Malaysia mustnap Kuala Lumpur
    since you got sold a knock-off, make a copy of it before returning to get a refund. That should teach the seller to never sell knock-off products again :Grin:

FirstHonda and Heckler like this.