General Scam Alerts Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ryshard84, Wednesday 27th Aug, 2014.

1. ryshard84 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Richard Leominster
    Id like to start new thread where we can put suspicious Hondas from ebay, autotrader, gumtree etc. I hope thats a good idea and we can help each other

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  3. ryshard84 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Richard Leominster
    So i will start :Smile: I found this Accord guy claim car done 135k miles 2.2 cdti

uploadfromtaptalk1409122997470.

but when you take a look in MOT history you will find out car already done 144k in 2009 (naughty naughty)

uploadfromtaptalk1409123252322.

i told guy about this situation but that want stop him from relist car again

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    With MOT certs now listing the last four years of mileage on them its quite difficult for people to dodge the mileage on cars. But some people will still do it,

but that test exp was in 2010 you sure you got the right car details?

5. ryshard84 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Richard Leominster
    Yes i got right details as i had reg and MOT test number i just take a screenshot in that date as it was last test with correct mileage i also send that screenshot to seller but no reply. Be aware !

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    well you should not bother for I-CTDI cars with 100K or more mileage they are money pit anyway.

7. ryshard84 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Richard Leominster
    130k its not bad as when you look on internet there is a quite a few with mileage from 160 - 220 so surley they not that bad.

8. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    My dad bought a 6th Generation Accord few years back that had a claimed 56k on the clock, told him the price was too good to be true (£550), came back with the car, so I checked MOT history and it actually done 186k, 2 months later gearbox packed in.

Always check the MOT history know when viewing cars, went to look at a VW Sharan few weeks back, had claimed 68k on the clock, turned out to actually be 149k, the used car market is an absolute minefield.

9. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    They're not that bad, but the well known issues with the i-CDTIs start to show themselves once you get into 6 figures. Some are lucky, we've seen others spend thousands trying to keep a poorly maintained diesel on the road. With proper regular servicing, they can be solid - but it's a big lottery with high mileage diesels.