Announcement Scheduled Downtime: Midnight Tonight

Discussion in 'Club Announcements & News' started by DeviateDefiant, Friday 6th Nov, 2015.

1. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Hey @Members,

So we'll be down tonight from midnight to make some web hosting changes and be back up shortly after, we anticipate the work should be completely in 1-2 hours however as it involves the server IP changing over, some may not be able to access the site until part way through tomorrow but we'll be back nonetheless.

We're also going to make a few changes with adverts on the site for regular members, yeah, it's going to mean more ads, but the club needs it if it's ever going to get the funds accumulated properly for club merchandise. As always you can take out Premium Membership for £2.50 a month and see no adverts whatsoever. We've got a little bit of cash now, we're hoping this will be the tipping point to allow us to get print material done (flyers etc.) followed by a new batch of club stickers and on from there. It's all for the good of the club moving forward, and I know members will recognise that.

If you have any trouble accessing the site from the morning onwards, just drop us an email at pr@hondakarma.com and we'll try help out. We've done this a couple of times now so don't expect any issues.

- Leo and CJ

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Bump, going down in 20 minutes. Kettle is armed and ready.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Good luck !

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

We're back, at over 45GB that wasn't a bad time for a server migration :Laughing:

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Good job dude !! :clap:
    - - - Updated - - -
    Was I the first to post on the new servers (yours doesn't count!!) :jumpup:

6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

@DeviateDefiant - my alerts aren't being removed after I view a thread i.e. They clear, but when I go back to the main community menu, they reappear again...

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

There's definitely some odd caching issue right now, I only clicked on when I noticed post times didn't update in the latest posts.

EDIT: I'm going to have to revisit this one tonight, and try figure it out. Consider the forum buggy till then, it needs a thorough look when I'm not yawning so hard.

FirstHonda likes this.
  8. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom nobody zoned
    the list in "watched threads" does not clear when I visit the threads

9. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Okay, issues should now be resolved fully. If @Members don't see new posts, alerts aren't clearing or whatever else - just clear your browser cache and all should be fine.

10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

All seems good now.

11. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Me too, after working out how to clear history on my iPad!

12. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

The only issue I now have is that every time I leave the site, it logs me out even though my history is cleared and I have ticked the 'stay logged in' box.

Any idea @DeviateDefiant ?

13. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Not immediately mate, I've been logged in since I fixed the issue earlier. Let me give this one 24 hours and see what else comes up from members.

14. Crv23 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

My participated tab does not display anything. I occasionally get a message saying I can not access certain posts on Tapatalk because there not compatible.

Other times it's not letting me view any posts unless there in the sub forums, like I'm not logged in.

This is on iPhone 6 using Tapatalk. I wasn't aware of the site upgrade yesterday so I kept turning my phone on and off thinking it was a problem with me. It's got better overnight but still nothing in my participated tab. :Smile:

15. Crv23 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just checked it and this post ha popped up in the participated section so it's working now. But my older posts have disappeared similar to pressing 'mark as read' button.

Thanks

16. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I'll update our Tapatalk plugin later tonight, Tapatalk has a nack for regular updates breaking compatibility which we have to keep on top of, but in this case it was likely just issues while the site was swapping over.

17. Crv23 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks, I was assuming it would have fixed itself. It's easy to forget that there's actual people behind the scenes keeping things running smoothly. Cheers!!

18. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Aha, yeah that's muggins here. I'll get it updated later regardless and just let us know how it is :Smile:

19. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    Aww crap - I went and deleted all my saved passwords when I deleted my cache. Now I gotta dig out the passwords for all my pron sites again :Rant:

Ichiban likes this.
  20. Crv23 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

All working again! Thanks