General Scottish CR-V Love Fest?

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by TheDarkKnight, Monday 23rd Jun, 2014.

1. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Spent a nice short weekend up in the Scottish Highlands.

Beyond the beauty of the scenery, I was astounded to see so many 4th Generation CR-Vs there!

From Glasgow to Grantown-on-Spey, i must have counted about 100 of them. I kid you not. Lots in blue, silver and passion red. Think I saw just one other black one like mine. Managed to get 686 miles out of 4/5ths of a tank before refuelling - I've had higher, but since so much of the driving was uphill, it was expected to around that figure.

Got quite a few looks from the locals, including one chap with his Twilight Blue CR-V (SE) who wanted to swap! :Laughing:

2. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^I'd say that's a ringing endorsement of the ability of the CR-V in the snow & ICE - no point in buying a 4x4 up there if it can't cope :Thumbup:

3. steve4536 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Not one snow flake or icy road in my area last winter. I was gutted as I would have liked to try out the 4x4 capability.

4. nsxer Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

quite a few new gen CR-V's on the local roads here in NI now as well ... one was recently parked up visting a house up the street from me, so grabbed my daughter stuck her in her wee red bubble car and wheeled her past it so i could get a proper look ... had side steps etc but not an EX model by looks of interior etc.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Well you can see why there are more CR-V around that is the only decent car in the Honda stable to buy.

Accord .. no point harping over this..
    Jazz well appeals to the elderly
    Civic least said the better.

So if you didn't see CR-V on the roads then we all would be worried.

6. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well, combination of that and the fact that where I was up in the little villages etc, nearly every car was a 4x4. Hardly any hatchbacks or saloons or mini-small type cars at all. Lots of Touaregs, Tiguans, Sportages, Range/Land Rovers and a boat load of Land Cruisers.

7. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    I don't really get what you're on about here?

I'm pretty sure all those models are regarded very highly.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Which part of the world have you been fella. The sales figures and Honda marketshare speaks for itself. These may be highly regarded in the Swindon lovers circle and if anyone who loves knows anything about Honda's knows HUK are about to implode

John Dickson likes this.
  9. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The only car Honda wants to sell........ :Whistle:

10. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Can't happen soon enough for me mate. HUK implodes :party: :BooYeah: :OTT::dance::clap::Yahoo::Hooray::lol::Rolf::beer:trampoline::HobbyHorse::smoke::boast::PullFaces::Icecream: and Japan takes back over control and we then get some decent range to :dribble: over. :Hooray:

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have been saying that Japan needs to take over to totally take away HUK role. Let Honda European headquarters be outside UK..

John Dickson likes this.
  12. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The main point to remember is HUK "Management" is descended from the same gene pool as British Leyland "Management" and we all know what happened to BL.....

Actually the new Civic could be the 21st Century Maxi or Marina :Rolf: :Rolf: :Rolf: :Rolf:

It's got about the same visual appeal and in-built quality by the sounds of things.

Ichiban likes this.
  13. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    I don't read about market share and sales figures.

I read the reviews and they seem good. I've driven the latest Civic on the 1.6 diesel engine and it was fantastic.

The accord is regarded well also, as is the Jazz.

FirstHonda likes this.
  14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Unfortunately these Honda tins are not selling anywhere but here in the UK in their small little niche . Despite these good reviews good feel of the 1.6 it NOT enough.

John Dickson likes this.
  15. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

1.6iDTEC is an awful small engine to haul the bulk of the CR-V around so, despite what the laboratory tests (using fuel we mere mortals cannot buy), it's probably got a real-world thirst of the Legend without the pace, performance or enjoyment

16. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    Have you driven the 1.6 diesel Civic?

17. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    Aye, great point apart from an owner in this thread saying the complete opposite

John Dickson likes this.
  18. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good engine pathetic car .. Engines are not everything in today's world.